Need help posting a picture

I've got a picture in my email from a customer and need some suggestions for quilting it, but now I can't get a copy from my email onto the forum.  Doesn't help that I'm down on my laptop "working" and not upstairs where I am more familiar.

if you're out there and available, will you please help me? I can email you the photo, and you can post, or you can teach this old dog some new tricks.  Scary part is that my work right now is on the computer!  Why they let me, the illiterate one on the computer I don't know, but I'm not arguing.

Success!  Now, how should I quilt this?  She's chosen Heirloom, so we can go all out.  I'm thinking that I need to emphasize the diagonal lines around the outer edge, but I don't want to just SID on them. Also how to emphasize the various triangle shapes in white in the border? 

I'm doing a feather design in the white butterfly border, even though it doesn't show.  I'll repeat that in the inner butterfly border as well as the plain white in the center. 

I think a background fill around the appliqued butterflies and the fussy cut ones to let them pop. 

So basically I'm stumped at what to do in the large triangle pieced areas?  Not just continuous curves, but what? 

Thanks!

post-1438-0-46958300-1435103242_thumb.jpg

Wow.  Pretty Quilt.

My Goodness.. I Am Brain Dead

I am thinking more in the nature line of things, leaves of a frilly sort in the borders of butterflies, but then in the triangles,

can only see curls, not line dancing.

Would love gold crosshatch in the dark green. 

No idea on the background fill.

Not much help I'm afraid, but I really want to see it when it is finished.

Rita 

I see something curly in the triangles too, but also want to maintain the diagonal lines that the piecing gives it. 

Had I done as I was supposed to and posted this when she made the reservation for quilting, I wouldn't be frantically looking for suggestions now!  (I am a goofball)

Hi Beth! After looking for a long time and squinting like crazy to find some coherent line around that massively pieced area--

There are dark areas that are triangles--four at the centers of the sides and four in the corners, all eight with fussy cut butterflies. Isolate those triangles by stitching in the ditch along the seam that makes them a whole triangle. Then you can do CCs inside the triangles or any fill like curls or scrolls. Fill around the fussy butterflies. What's left is an angled line of piecing that goes from one side triangle, swings around the corner, and ends at the next side triangle. Use the seams and the corners of the small piecing to stitch diagonal lines that follow the colors around the corners. It wouldn't be crosshatching, but diagonals that are parallel, using the seams as a guide. That will draw the eye around the geometric piecing. You'd be SIDing on some and stitching through blocks and corner in others.

I hope this will help or at least inspire you to find another design. Good luck!

Thank you!  I've got a copy of the photo printed out and looking at that and reading suggestions  is really helping.  Not being able to see how the whole thing is cohesive on the machine isn't helping, but your great suggestions and the picture will help to keep me on track.  Now, if I could just remember to track my food and points too!

Yes, I will post photos when I get this finished.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived