Help how do I pack up for moving????

I have been building a studio for several years and it is almost complete!!! We only need to finish the floor and I will be ready to move my Freddie home and I can't wait.  However I don't know how to move it, I have my box for the machine but have no clue packing the rest I am moving it a little over 30 miles and part of the roads are really rough gravel.  I know that I will really need to pack everything carefully so if you have moved a machine please help.

I have taken down and moved several machines.  If you don't have the original boxes for the rollers and table rails it is ok.  I found that if I wrap the rollers together in shipping blankets or old quilts, etc and put plenty of string or shipping tape around the wrapped rollers and then transport them flat on the floor of the trailer they do fine.  The table can be transported carefully with the cross tubes and the rails still assembled.  Just take the table ends off.  If you need the space in the transport vehicle then you can take the table completely apart.   I make sure that everything is padded/wrapped and transported flat.  It is important that the rails do not get bent or dented.

I just moved my machine from Virginia to Michigan.  My machine has a lot of  "stuff" attached to it (IQ, Under quilt camera, etc), so we took lots of pictures before disassembly.  Just like Lucy said, we wrapped the rollers in packing wrap and blankets to protect the canvas and ends.  We moved the table in one piece the same way.  All were placed on the flat floor of the trailer, we bought twin long bed "egg crate" foam mattress toppers (fairly cheap at Walmart) to cushion them.  I have my Millie box but didn't use it due to leaving as much stuff connected to her as possible.  We wrapped her in the egg crate foam too and ensured she was sitting comfortably in a very, very safe place for travel.  I recommend if you don't have a lot of attachments to your machine, putting her/him in the original box.  Our machines are durable, you'll do just fine.

Archived