Taking down my machine - need help on one part!

I'm removing all of my rollers and of course, out of 6 mechanisms,  ONE cannot loosen.   It's that round nut on the left side of the back take up bar.   The side of the auto advance is loose, so I know that will come out, but that round one just won't come loose.   I went to home depot to get a hex wrench to fit and it still won't budge.  Tried a wrench but there is no grip because it is a round thing.  grrr!  

Any tips?   

Thank you  - yes!  I got it fixed finally last night. Holy cow it was on there tight.  I wonder if the motor advance had anything to do with it tightening up so hard?     we wd40'd it as much as we could - everything was so tight I have no idea if it even got in between the bolts.   And then some extra grunts and muscle, we got it loosened.  phew!!

Try putting teflon tape on the treads prior to putting the bolts back in.  It will prevent rust/corrosion from forming between thread surfaces.  Just be sure to wind the tape, so that when the bolt threads are screwed in the tail end of the tape is pulled away from the direction of rotation. That is to say when you turn the bold clockwise to tighten it, the teflon tape should be wrapped counter clockwise around the bolt.  Clear as mud?

Cagey

PS:  While everybody uses WD-40, for your purposes you should use penetrating oil for tight screws.  WD actually stands for water displacement.  It was originally used on rockets to displace water from the rocket's surfaces.  Penetrating oil will actually work itself deep into the thread better than WD-40.  

Archived