Can somebody please tell me WHY.......

......... all the used machines I see on the list are almost ALWAYS found in the east?

New Hampshire. New England. Pennsylvania. Maryland. Nebraska. Iowa. etc. etc. etc. So rarely do I see one out west, and then the price is too high or something.

Why is it so many of the used machines are in the east? Anybody know why?

Oh, I get it! LOL!! It's because I'M IN THE EXTREME WEST! :D:D:D

Now, I suppose all you folks in Hawaii are sitting there laughing at me. "West! She don't know from west!" LOL!! :D:D

Wonder if it is a population desity thing. The population of Rhode Island (our smallest state) is greater than New Mexico (the 5th largest state!) I know that along the Pacific the population desinty is really high but from the Mississippi River west to about 100 miles of the coast it is in pockets..................you go back east and there is much more population desnisty.

Just a thought. I love my machine and would only sell it if they came out with a coumuterized model that was just as easy to handguide..........................also would have to cough up lots more money!

I bet you're right about that, sewinupastorm. We drove through N.M. on choir tours, and also on the way to GA when I was a kid. I remember how sparsely populated it is. It's a desert, that's why. California is largely that way too, east of the foothills. But L.A. and San Fran MORE than make up for it!

Guest Linda S

Patty - have you contacted (name removed) to see if she has any leads on used machines? She generally knows when they are available locally.

Linda

Well, Linda S, I was waiting until I actually had some money saved toward this, which has been utterly impossible the last two months. I am going to have to get some kind of gainful employment if I want to save anything, as DH's paycheck is all used up sending kids to different camps and educating them as much as we were and repairing the bathroom floor (still haven't got that done!) and unexpected doctor bills etc. etc. etc. I am DEFINITELY ready otherwise to see what Linda has. I think she is keeping as far away from me as possible right now because I'm being very scary on this board and she thinks I'm going to blow up or something, LOL! No, I am talking my way toward a machine, and not everybody wants to read the talk. They just want me to GET THERE. So, soon I shall GET THERE. Yup. I'm working on DH too. He'll have to drive me down there, and he hates "wasting time". Yup.

Patch Honey, I sure feel your pain! Getting hands on was easy for me since I live in a suburb of Houston. Just hang in there girl and it will happen! I don't have a DH or BF so I do it all myself. Am getting really tired of the collections part of my job and really wanting to get back into just the customer service area of business, although the type of business I am working for right now is more customer service (what is wrong that you can not pay, rather than pay up right this minute), and it's all business to business stuff, I do have to file liens, do the demand letters and the intent to lien or sue letters just to cover us in case they just don't pay us. It's getting old, a person can only take so much rejection. I had to lien a Catholic Church this month...talk about a guilt trip!

Oh Kenna, you're such a real person! I'm glad the business world has people like you. Don't feel guilty for doing your job, deary. If you had a choice you would do it differently, but since you are employed by this company you must do what they are paying you to do. "The laborer is worthy of his/her hire", is my motto. If you don't think the job is ethical I guess you can look for another one, but where will you find the perfectly ethical job in our society? Nowhere, is my guess, except quilting and singing, LOL! And God knows (literally) you need to make a living to keep food on your family (so to speak). ;)

Oh, and Linda A. U2U'd me, just so you know. What a sweet person she is. She's just waiting till I get my sorry self together and get DOWN THERE to see what she can do for me. I'd LOVE to get there this weekend, but it really isn't going to work, now that I see our kids' schedules. Oh lordy, why do I forget all the time that I have two active kids?? Well, it keeps me humble.

Thanks for all the support!

Keep on singing, Patch, live the dream! Speaking of singing, I keep meaning to tell about my new great neice. She is 7 months old now, and a teeny, tiny thing, she is very interactive and user friendly!:D Got to spend time with her at Easter, I kinda hog her and don't let anyone else play with her. I realized that she sings! Of course it is still all babbling, and Mamamamama stuff but she's opening her mouth, making baby words and doing it to a real tune! She sits and watches everyone and in a lttle bit she just starts singing....now how cute is that...need to make plans for Patch to give her voice lessons! See, your first student!

Greetings everyone!! I've read these posts for over two years, learning lots & just now registered!!! I've been a Millie wanna-be for that long too, but budget only allowed a Grace frame. My experience is gaining and am getting close to making the leap to a Millie.

The wait is frustrating, especially knowing how sweet the Millie is!

Karen.

Archived