Channel locks - Freedom

I thought my machine had horizontal channel locks, but not vertical. I know the Millie has both. Anyway, since my manual is geared for the new machines, there is nothing about the older models in the manual. I went to the web site and read a bit about the Freedom....or as everyone tries to correct me...Freddie....except you will never convert me because mine says Freedom right across the machine  :D  Anyway, there I go again. The web site says 

Horizontal wheels

Our machines are perfectly balanced on a horizontal wheel that allows you the ease of movement you desire to stitch beautiful motifs easily with superb handling. It includes a set of wheels directly below the head for forward and backward movement, and another set of carriage wheels for sideways movement. The result? You can sew in any direction with total ease.  

But nothing about horizontal locks....does that mean, I don't REALLY have horizontal locks? Because I can't find them if I have them. Help. 

My lenni has a knob near the back wheels that will keep the machine from moving forward and back. I've also used a clamp on the carriage to "chock" the back wheel.

Yes, I have been clamping it to hold onto the machine so it doesn't get away. But I thought I had a channel lock.

There should be a knob for the horizontal channel lock on the back of your machine, right side of the head as you stand at the back. At least that is where it is on my Freedom.  You have to tighten it manually.

Let me know if you want a picture.

Archived