long stitches

WandaGerdes

I just can not figure out what's going wrong. Patience(Millie) and I are not getting along. It started in November but a lot of things happened so I was not able to figure it out or even try until now. Well now that life has settled done my hubby and I tried to get her going again. I keep getting these long stitches. It only happens at the bottom close to the belly bar. I'm a good 5-6 inches away from it tho. I've tried Changing the needle even went up in size. Any help would be great.

Wanda

My thought is too take a good at the wiring and connector that goes from the head to the carriage encoder, the wire flexes at the connector. We had one wire break right at the connector and had intermittent long stitches. I gave the wire the wiggle test while moving the head left and right while running in SR mode and sure enough you could hear the motor cut in and out. If it is there Amy can send you the parts to fix it. I soldered mine to the pin a number of years ago so Brenda could keep working till the parts got here, I guess I should really fix it permanently.

Nigel

Are the long stitches in one direction or both?  Knowing that will help in diagnosing the issue.  And these are long stitches, rather than missed stitches? Missed stitches have needle holes under the thread, where the needle has TRIED to make a stitch but failed.  Long stitches don't have needle holes underneath and are usually a symptom of stitch encoder issues.

Hmm I'm not sure which direction as my board goes in all directions. I think it's going to my right from the front or left from the back.It's not skipped, it's more like it just glides past with out stitching. Now that I think about it sometimes it seemed to get stuck. Mind you this was over 6 ms ago, I'm could be remembering wrong as well. I just thought the track were dirty.

Wanda, you need to figure out what your symptoms are, exactly.  Throw a practice sandwich on and test all directions, see where the long stitches happen.  If they only happen one direction, say side-to-side, that will point to a single stitch encoder, either in its electronics or the mechanics. If it's both directions, it's more likely to be either a board issue or wiring inside the head. Narrowing it down will help the service department give you the next step.

Archived