What to quilt on this?

Hi qwltnldy - I think some wavy lines side to side with some bubbles coming from the fishes mouths might be cute. Maybe vary the size of the bubbles from large close to the fish and go up with each one smaller than the last (maybe 3 to 5 bubbles per fish?) Just an idea.

Scales would be great, and so would a few bubbles. I think a few rows of echo would add some wiggle movement to the fish. Remember the chickens someone had done with all the echo around them? It really made those chickens look like they were on the go!

I don't know how much time or $ you want to put into this or even how big it is.

You might want to consider a panto. There are some with water themes,

Waterworld by Jodi Beamish and Wind and Water by Kathie James come to my

mind. They both have lots of movement.

I love the idea of the bubbles, though. ;) That would be so cute. I have

seen a quilt with fish where the quilter stitched the scales. It was a lot of work, no

doubt. I hated to tell her that the scales were quilted in the wrong direction.:(

I hope that you will post a photo when you are done.

I actually won a panto in a class at MQX that has fish and other "sea" things in it. Can't remember the name of the pattern (I don't use pantos that much), but send me an email if you want me to look it up.

Sara Crocker

sara@myfavoritesister.com

I am torn between doing an allover, which would obviously save time, and an idea that came to me that would be a lot more time consuming but pretty cool, I think. This came to me this morning. I was thinking I might put scales in the fish, seaweed around it in the block, adding the bubbles coming from the fish and little circles in the small sashing. Water freehand in the border. BOY, writing that down sounds like a lot of work. A panto is sounding better all the time. I'll try to remember to post a pic when I'm done.

post--13461898049533_thumb.jpg

Archived