Circle Lord Advice

I am a newbie, having recently purchased a 2013 Lucey. I'm considering investing in Circle Lord and/or R&S boards, but I am a little confused. Are the two brands interchangeable? Do I need to purchase a special system or stylus? Are there any recommended websites that demonstrate how to use these? Any feedback or suggestions will be very much appreciated.

I am a huge Circle Lord fan. Here is there website http://circlelordindex.blogspot.com/  There is a stylus for both systems, but I don't know if the boards are interchangeable. I just always stuck with CL.

I don't know anything about R&S 

If I were you, I would call Michael and Kay at  1-519-763-3697 and just talk with them. Sorry my font changed size. Michael and Kay are very nice, will not be pushy and will be very helpful answering any questions you may have. 

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Lucey.

I have both Circle Lord and R & S boards and like them both.  The Circle Lord boards are longer and you buy them as a set.  They snap together like jig saw pieces and they usually come in king or queen sets.  The two brands do use their own style stylus.

R & S are purchased as separate boards.  As I don't have a business that allows me to buy more designs as they are less expensive and I can buy two boards and flip them as I go along.  I have at times just bought one board to see if I like the design stitched out.  I mark around the board on the clear plastic on the table with a dry erase or washable marker, move the board, mark, etc. across the table before I begin.  The boards use rubber washers fitted into a groove to fix them together.

As far as instructions on their use, Circle Lord does have some instructions and Michael is always happy to answer questions.  I don't remember if R & S have instructions or not but the boards are pretty straightforward as far as use and I am sure they would be more than happy to answer any questions.  R & S are currently having a sale through July 17th.

3 hours ago, Ldc2013 said:

Thanks for the help! Are the Circle Lord boards one size fits all machines?

Not sure about Circle Lord board differences between machines, but your table size will determine the number of boards you need for each pattern.  Call and talk to Michael.  He will know exactly what you need for your machine and table.

• 3 years later...

I am interested in buying some circlelord products but can't find any current information on them. Looks like they have retired. Do you know where I could purchase some new or used products? Also what are R&S boards and where can those be purchased? 

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Shelby