Still more CL questions

I'm planning on ordering my Circle Lord this week and am trying to decide what to buy with it. Can you tell me more about the crosshatch? What is a good size that would be used the most? Is it continuous or are there still stops and starts at the beginning and end of each row? Where would you specifically use it? How would it be better than a ruler? I've looked at the videos and every spot on the site and can't seem to find info on the cross hatch. Do instuctions come with the templates that tell you all you can do with the templates?

Just finished using the ginko again. Use the feather border the least. Lots of use w/the rope border. Just got the swirls king sz in the mail. After a few must do's I will work w/that. I don't use the stars one a whole lot either. I use the spiral one, circles, feather and cross hatch. There's always stop and start on the cross hatch because it is only so long. If I'm doing a border I just SID to the next spot. I used the curved Xhatch for a border on a quilt. Turned out nice. I haven't post and don't usually take the time to take pix. I should be working/playing instead of being on the comp.

I have never used my hearts or stars and might be willing to sell them. I love my Ginko and haven't used and probably wont' use the feather border either as I am learning how to do those. I have the cross hatch but have not tried it yet, but plan to this weekend.

I'm using my hearts (again) tonight. I've done 2 with heart motifs in the block, and on the other used the open "S" curve to make a flower design. Since it's cut all the way through the disc, you can have the flowers curve to the left or to the right. Very fun! Stars disc is on the way, but a few other quilts to do before I get to that one.

Beth

Guest Linda S

I use the crosshatch quilte a bit. I bought the small ones for two reasons. 1) I have a Liberty, so my quilting area is smaller. 2) it gives me smaller crosshatching which is more my style. You will love your Circle Lord. You can do so much with it and it's one whole heck of a lot less expensive than a CQ or other computerized program!

Linda

Well after reading all the posts about how wonderful the CL is, I just had to place an order :P

Part of my "Plan B" since I won't be able to upgrade to a Millie & Compuquilter any time soon.

I ordered alot of stuff...

CL basic

Aztec

Featerz Combo

Starz

Ginko

18" crosshatch

curved crosshatch

spirals

squarz

King rope

King swirls (for the Liberty)

King fan-clam

Not too bad when broken up over the 12 month plan, it's equal to about 2 queen size panto quilts a month.

I should have it by the 5/25 or 5/29(because of Memorial day). The Swirls template will be shipped at a later date when it becomes available.

Joann

Archived