Millenium was in storage

Hi, it has been quite a while since I was on line - my Millie was in storage for the last year.  A reasonably heated facility, but we live do in a rainy climate.  I have oiled the 5 wicks and the bobbin case but when I fired up my baby, there is a high pitched (really high pitched) whine coming from (I think) the back of the machine.  Have I missed something in restarting or should I be doing something more?  thanks for the help.....dianne

I think I would call APQS and speak with one of the techs.....I think I remember a while back...some thing about taking off the side of the machine and looking at the wicks to make sure they were where they are supposed to be and possible oiling the wicks from the inside.....I think it was because they could have been really dryed out and oiling from the top outside might not get the oil to where it needs to be....but it is a vague memory from a while back and I don't want to give you bad advice....the APQS techs could do better and there are some dealers in Canada...you could use the APQS website to locate your closest dealer and also to find out if they have a tech....Lin

Dianne, we have one APQS tech in BC... Bill at Heather's Fabric Shelf in Kamloops. Both Bill and Heather are wonderful people, call them if you need help. As for Lin's suggestion, APQS has a video on how to take off the side panel, clean out the inside and oil in there. I believe it was somewhere among the instructions that came with the machine but I am sure it will be on their website as well.

Dianne:  I'd un-thread it, remove the bobbin case turn off the stitch regulator and let it run, to see it the noise doesn't go away by itself.  I'd add a couple more drops of oil to the wicks, and try and oil the needle bar as well.  If the noise doesn't quiet or go away after a few minutes then it might be best to call APQS.  Jim 

Thanks everyone, great to hear there is a BC Apqs resource.  I also put in a lot more oil on the wicks and let it sit for a bit and as of this morning that disturbing noise seems to have disappeared....now if i could just remember how to operate the machine ;)

Archived