How to quilt a polyester T-shirt with rubberized logos?

I am working on my first T-Shirt quilt and I have some concerns about quilting it, because it has a combination of 100% cotton T-Shirts and 100% polyester materials.  The logos on the athletic shirts have rubberized material on it that I won't even attempt to quilt over, I will echo the logos and stitch in the ditch around the quilt block.  Any advice about what I should use for:

Thread:

Bobbin

Needle type and size:

I am using Hobbs Thermor batting

Any ideas or advise is appreciated.

Rosanne Brunn

I use YLI Longarm Professional on top, Bottom line in the bobbin, and also avoid quilting in the "rubber".  No special needle consideration.  I would question your choice of batting however.  Thermor is really low loft.  In my experience T shirts turn out better with a lofty batting.  Seems to help with the stretchy knit fabrics.  Good luck.  Jim

• 7 months later...
On 8/4/2020 at 9:51 PM, jimerickson said:

I use YLI Longarm Professional on top, Bottom line in the bobbin, and also avoid quilting in the "rubber".  No special needle consideration.  I would question your choice of batting however.  Thermor is really low loft.  In my experience patchwork clothes turn out better with a lofty batting.  Seems to help with the stretchy knit fabrics.  Good luck.  Jim

I have tried this and have the same experience with this which you have faced.

• 1 month later...