I was happily quilting along and a huge noise stated in the motor/belt region of my Millie. My machine is only 7 months old. My DH said it sounded like a belt or bearing or brushes in the motor????

I hear very loud squeaking and some clunking.

I'm sick since I have a customer's quilt on the machine that half done, it's Saturday and APQS is closed. My customer is expecting her quilt back in the early part of the week.

Oh my, I'm trying to take deep breaths and not freak. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Or does anyone know what is happening to my machine ...........appreciate any advice.

Oh, Kate, I'd help you if I could, but I'm not mechanically inclined. I did have a similar thing happen back in February. It turned out to be the magna collar had slid away from the pulley so it was hitting the inside back of the machine; or something like that. I know I had to take off the back cover and check out things there. If you take off the back of the machine and it looks like something round has been rubbing on the back cover, that may be the problem.

Why don't you post this under APQS Maintenance/Service forum. John Mitchell is really good about jumping on and helping out on the weekends. Some of the other dealers may be able to give you some help, too.

I hope you can get it fixed today. I know what I felt like when my Liberty started making those loud noises.

Phyllis

Mary Beth and Phyllis

Thanks for the helpful suggestions and support.

My more than DH (Phyllis, he's from Tulsa) fixed the problem. Used an allen wrench to tighten the nuts on the fly wheel. Problem solved!

Think I owe him big time. He already got a huge hug and a big wet kiss.Just might have to take him out to dinner since he's the cook around here.

Those DHs do come in handy don't they. When Liberty was making that noise I was halfway through the fix with Amy on the phone when DH walked in. I sure was glad that he took over. He always seems to be delighted when he can work on it. He knew what she was talking about when she named things. She had to describe everything to me so I could figure out what she was talking about.

By the way, the brushes don't look like any brush I've ever seen.;)

Phyllis

Archived