Loading with Zippers

I don't know about the others...but this is what I do....

I pin the backing to the front roller (talking APQS table) then to the take-up roller. Pin the bottom edge of the quilt top to the "top" front roller. Stick the batting in between...floating....tighten backing...baste top edge of batting to backing...and lay top edge of the quilt top along that basting line as a reference. I then spot pin the top and the baste with a long basting stitch to hold it where I want it. Remove the pins and take off.

I like the zippers because I can pin to the zippers while standing upright at my cutting table which has a good surface for pinning and is a great height for standing and working.

Otherwise, I'd have to bend over the bars or lean down to the table top of the machine.

So it's a back saver for me.

Remember to use your clamps to stabilize the canvases from the side and in the classes with Darlene she mentioned another trick that I hadn't thought about: if you use your extended base then it is much easier. And pin pin pin them on and take the pins out as you go. All these things make it much easier.

Have fun and let us know how it goes.

Cher

Archived