2021 - Stitch Regulator for Ultimate 1

NWitushynsky

I know that IntelliStitch (I/S) did make an after market upgrade for the Ultimate 1, but at least since 2017 when I emailed them they no longer have this option. It looks like I/S is only installing the hardware onto new Nolting machines. https://www.intellistitch.com/index.php "We no longer offer IntelliStitch as an after-market upgrade."

Is there ANYONE else who can put a stitch regulator on the Ultimate 1? Thanks! 

PS.  I'm not looking to buy a new machine. I really DO like the Ultimate 1, but I'd like to have a little more control over the quilting speed to do custom quilting.

IntelliStitch.JPG.95e15365902ac5d11969c0a58aa49709.JPG

• NWitushynsky changed the title to 2021 - Stitch Regulator for Ultimate 1

Call Nolting and ask them.  At one time they would do installs on any machine.  Also there is another company http://www.quiltez.com/perfect-stitch/ that had a kit for the APQS machines.  I believe it may be the same system used on the Nolting NV with the rest of the Nolting line up using Intellistitch.  

At one time APQS would take in Ultimate 1 heads on trade towards a newer head with stitch regulation.  When they had a good number of Ultimate 1s they would do a run of Green Millenniums.  It might be worth asking if they will still take your machine on trade.

Best of luck and please let us know if you make the change.  It may help someone else with the same decision down the road.

Nigel

5 hours ago, RunningThreads said:

Call Nolting and ask them.  At one time they would do installs on any machine.  Also there is another company http://www.quiltez.com/perfect-stitch/ that had a kit for the APQS machines.  I believe it may be the same system used on the Nolting NV with the rest of the Nolting line up using Intellistitch.  

At one time APQS would take in Ultimate 1 heads on trade towards a newer head with stitch regulation.  When they had a good number of Ultimate 1s they would do a run of Green Millenniums.  It might be worth asking if they will still take your machine on trade.

Best of luck and please let us know if you make the change.  It may help someone else with the same decision down the road.

Nigel

Thanks Nigel! I contacted IntelliStitch back in 2017 to see if that system could be added to the Ultimate 1 and they said no. Their website says that they don't offer IntelliStitch as an after-market upgrade. But I can call to confirm. 

I did not know about QuiltEZ and will have to look into that system. I might ask APQS about trading in the Ultimate 1 for a newer head with stitch regulation. Please tell me what a "run of Green Millenniums" is all about.

Nichole

I haven’t seen any Green Millennium from the factory in quite a few years.  They would take the Ultimate 1 machines strip them down and rebuild them to Millenniums and then use green decals instead of red to differentiate them.  The factory would wait until they had a good number to do at once as the process was a little different than a straight build using all new parts.  We had one of those machines and the savings was about two thousand dollars and it came with the full warranty.  

Nigel

Nichole:  Did you call Nolting?  Casa Engineering no longer does it, but at least for awhile, Nolting was doing an upgrade to machines other than Noltings.  The Intellistitch regulator is the one used by Nolting (or it was the last time I checked) so they would have the parts and expertise.  Jim

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

I contacted a couple of people regarding the Perfect Stitch regulator post-installed (http://www.quiltez.com/perfect-stitch/). I got a quote for $4999 plus tax and the machine would need to be out of commission for 1 week.

The Quilt Patch

2221 Jacksboro Pike 

La Follette, TN 37766

+14235624420

TheQuiltPatch@bellsouth.net

Fortunately, I got a great deal on a 2004 APQS Millennium with bliss rails and will probably be selling my APQS Ultimate 1 soon (if anyone's interested!) I hope this helps someone looking to install a stitch regulator on an Ultimate 1.

Nichole