Insurance

Originally posted by mrsbishwit

that is the case chances of reform is not likely. On the bright side though the rogue judge that was suing the dry cleaners millions because of his pants, well justice did prevail not only did he not win the lawsuit but he is required to pay all legal bills that the dry cleaners built up as the result of the suit. So a happy ending for the small business owner. ;)

Joann

Joann:

Last I heard, the Judge had not ordered the plaintiff to pay the defendants' attorney's fees. Had they had insurance to cover this type loss, the defense would have been provided by the insurance company . . although I wonder if they would have had $54 million in coverage. I doubt it!

From The Washington Post's website:

Bartnoff ordered Pearson to pay the Chungs' court costs -- likely to be a few thousand dollars -- to cover fees for filings, transcripts and similar expenses. But even bigger troubles loom. She said she will consider making Pearson also pay the couple's attorneys' fees arising from the two-year legal battle. With the legal costs likely to exceed $100,000, however, the Chungs aren't counting on Pearson being able to pay, Manning said.

We just bought E&O insurance which is errors and omisions for my husbands software company but something like that could be designed in case you made an error on a customers quilt. There are so many ypes of insurance plans out there this is on top of our workmans comp insurance and regular business insurance which covers our equipmnet and bodily harm.

We incorporated as well to protect our home and assets. ths way my quilt business is covered as well.

do your home work that way you try to protest yourself from nuts like the guy above thankfully common sense won!

Our insurance choices are limited. My husband's best friend since childhood is our agent. My father-in-law bought insurance from our friend's dad before us in the exact same office!

Anyway, we just added a million dollar policy to cover our boat dock. A new law here. :mad: Ironically, it lowered our overall cost of insurance and we are getting a refund of $2.50. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by CucumberQuilting

...Anyway, we just added a million dollar policy to cover our boat dock. A new law here. :mad: Ironically, it lowered our overall cost of insurance and we are getting a refund of $2.50. :cool:

Always ask your agent if there is a multi-policy credit available through the companies quoting your business and other insurance policies. Many companies provide a credit if they write all your insurance.

DH and I can get cheaper auto insurance elsewhere EXCEPT when we look at what we pay for auto AND homeowners together, we haven't found a company that can beat the combined price by enough that it's worth switching.

So don't forget to ask about a possible break in pricing if you rollover ALL your insurance. ;) Just more options...

Christine Olson

Archived