Hard to free motion on Millie

Does anyone else find it hard to free motion on Millie? I have the bliss table and have almost exclusively used quilt path.  I’ve been trying to free motion and I can’t get smooth swirls at all. I find it heavy and hard to get smooth lines.  I’m not sure if it’s my inexperience or if Millie is just hard to free motion on.  When I have moved a lucey it was light weight and didn’t take much effort to move, granted no computer on it. Thanks for any insite.

Have you disengaged the QP clamp from the belt?  Disclaimer - I don't have a computerized system but have read a lot of posts here and on FB - that's been a frequent suggestion.  

Make sure your wheels are clean.  Check for any threads that might have gotten wrapped up in the wheels. 

A couple of other thoughts.

Is your table level?  Does the machine roll by itself in any direction?  It may have been level when you set it up but could have settled.  

Check to see if any of your cords may be causing drag.

Are you only noticing the drag with round designs?  If so, it may just take some practice.  I have an older Lenni with no computer or bliss and was struggling to get circles instead of squarcles. :)  Remember, you're trying to make the carriage move in two directions at once - horizontal and vertical.  Start your design smaller and work your way up to larger circles.  Try stitching out a lower case cursive alphabet (or words or your name) since those "designs" would be instinctive (assuming you can write in cursive).

Another thought.  Are your wheels properly adjusted.  The linear bearings on the Bliss rails only work on horizontal movement, and since you've used it mostly with robotics, the vertical movement may have become impaired over time with poor wheel adjustment.  With Bliss, I think a lot of folks think their wheel issues no longer require attention.  Good luck.  Jim