Lenni & 12' Table For Sale $6,000 Excellent Condition

Thanks for looking into this... yes I am still interested if the price is right for everything. I am going to post an earlier post from the forum that I saw about shipping a long arm. 

Thanks, Ellen

On 3/31/2022 at 11:52 AM, jimerickson said:

Twelve years ago, I had a machine shipped from FL to TX.  I used an online shipping service called U-SHIP.  Independent small carriers bid on the job, and you pick the one with the level of service that suits you best.  The process was simple, and I couldn't have been happier with the results.  I don't know whether they are still active, but do a search and check it out.  Good luck.  Jim

Ellen … I bought Lenni in October 2017 in Louisville, KY at APQS dealer. Bobbin is L.  Not diagnosed yet, but dupuytren contracture in a couple of fingers which makes for painful sewing/quilting. Thank you for your questions… if you have others, I’m happy to answer them for you. Stella

Ellen

Quotes from 7 LTL shippers & FEDX Freight is expensive, over $1,000. Quotes based on 500 lbs, 7 boxes, from Bardstown, KY to Waynesboro, PA. It could be higher once they see actual loaded boxes & weigh.

I called APQS shipping in IOWA this morning and they discouraged LTL shipping due to damage possibilities which neither one of us wants to risk.

She suggested another course, more reliable and much less expensive. Rent a 12' U-HAUL to pick up Lenni, etc. You would save a lot of money & rest easy that it would not be damaged, even if you decided to get a hotel room for 1 night.

Hope this helps you make your buying decision. Thank you again for your iinterest.

Stella

I am purchasing a used 10' Freddie and was looking at options to get it from Oklahoma to Nebraska.  While U-haul had the right size vehicle, they charge per day rental plus mileage.  If I remember right, it was $0.99/mile and for +400 miles one way, that was more than I wanted to spend.

I have a pickup but it's a short-box (5.5' long) and considered a u-haul trailer.  I did use my pickup to haul home a 10' Lenni.  It made me a bit nervous, but I plan on being better prepared this time.  With the tailgate open, the poles will stick out 2-3'.  I'll secure them well and flag the ends.  

Hope you find a way to make it work.  

SueD,

If you have a truck, you could probably just rent a U-haul trailer.  It should fit in their 6x12 trailer, and they are much less expensive to rent and drop off.  Just bring use some tie-down straps to hold it firmly in the trailer.  You would be protected against inclement weather and rain using the trailer.  It would probably be under $200.  Depending not the drop of charges, it might be less expensive even with the gas burn to rent it local and tow the empty trailer to pick up the machine and drive it home verses paying the drop off fees.

Stella... I want to thank you and the others' comments above... but unfortunately I am not going to be able to purchase your Lenni. I have checked out many avenues of possible ways to get there and transport it, but they are not feasible to me at this time. Again I want to thank you for your time and consideration and wish you best of luck in selling your Lenni.

Ellen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...