Everyone else talks about their kids...My turn

My 15 yr.old got his first job this summer and Sunday bought his first car!! It does run but needs work. He can not drive yet so he has lots of time to "Cherry It Up" It's a '78 Mustang in his favorite color of red. The seller liked Justin because he wanted the car for a car and not to sell it for parts! he got it for an unbelieveable price of $300.00 The guy was asking $1000. OBO. The thing is tho that when he sits behind the wheel with that gleeful look in his eyes he looks like he is three years old again!!! Now his nickname is JUSTANG..just wanted to share;)

Sewhappy

LOL - I had one of those kids also:-) He worked for two summers and got his first Mustang at 16, cherried it out and then began collecting them. Now at age 45 he has an extremely valuable collection of originals. Be prepared cuz if he is a 'stang lover it is never going to change. And yes he still looks like a three year old when he gets in one of them! Just an older boy with a more expensive toy. Tell your son congratulations.

Jeanette

Sewhappy,

What a great story. A Mustang lover, it will be in his blood forever. What a great nick name, :) Gosh, those were the days when Mustangs and Camero's were cool....For my 16th birthday my cousin let me drive his '68 Camero - black with big ralley stipes on the hood and trunk...mag wheels...headers...pipes...oh, I love muscle cars!! Tell him I said congratulations...make us proud!!

I actually owned a '67 Mustang, dark green, white pony interior...cost me $1100.00 in 1984. I bought it from my uncle who wasn't really that "into them" apparently. Of course being a girl I just wanted something that was dependable and I ended up trading it in for a new 1984 Chevy S10 in fire engine red cause my 3 y.o. little boy really liked that color.My son and dad traded for me while I was at work, I just went and signed paperwork and drove it home.

I am such a car freak! My 2 favorties that I would buy again in a heartbeat were my '66 Mustang, (my little sister had a '67 convertable and I've never forgiven Daddy for that one), and my '69 Olds 442. Both gone thanks to ex husbands whih is a large part of why they are ex's! I'd give up my Tahoe for either of those but fast! Priorities, priorities, I'd have to drag my walker behind the Mustang but I guess that's why it has wheels, huh?

Not only does my son enjoy this new project but DH looks like a teenager again when the boys are out working on the 'Stang!! They are having such a great time - it's just the two of them ...no sister hanging around.. and mom is available for trips to the auto parts store!!

Sewhappy

Archived