Finally finished

Linda,, Do you think it's good enough to enter at Innovations. I sent in that really pretty one last year, but that was all original with original fabrics and beading and stuff. This one is SO traditional. I'm worried about whether to enter it or not. My stitch length is still not uniform and my tension is still not consistent in all areas (those were the comments I got last year). That will probably always be the case. My machine is just old and touchy, but it works for me.

Teresa, I'm not Linda (like I had to tell you that), but I honestly think you should do just that....I really think this one turned out gorgeous and it would be a shame not to try. I don't know anything about the judging process at Innovations...is it a juried show or do you just send them in and hope they have room. If its a juried show, find someone who is really good at doing quilt photos, pro or am and send in some great entry shots.

I understand from conversations after MQX this past April that the next year will be a juried show as they got way to many to hang, and had to send some back.

Teresa--

Absolutely, yes yes yes!! Please do enter that beauty this year. As you know, the quilt show is peer-judged so the pressure is not so huge. As far as the comment sheets (these are done as a courtesy to the entrants and two teachers do a critique of each quilt) these comments are simply to give an entrant a "taste" of what to expect from a judged show.

Last year I gathered my courage and entered a quilt. One comment sheet gave me rave reviews and the other was more critical--visible starts and stops and stitch-length issues (and I have a stitch regulator!) The second critique was more valuable as it was more honest!

Go for it girl and I will take a bunch of pics to post here! That top deserves an appreciative audience (besides us!)

Linda Rech

Teresa--

Me again. I read Bonnie's post and must tell everyone that Innovations only asks for one full length photo and only for identification purposes. You will not have a problem getting that gorgeous quilt accepted! No professional photos are necessary and if you ever need one you have that quilt close at hand. Also, all quilts are professionally photographed there and you can order the CD after the show.

I suspect that many quilters are afraid to enter thinking they must get past the selection process (shhh here--I think they accept every entry until they reach 100% capacity. This is just a suspicion and in no way reduces or denegrates the quality of the entries--that's my disclaimer!)

Send in that picture and your $10 and I know which quilt I'll be voting for!!

Linda R

Okay guys, I am going to give the floor a good sweeing and mopping to get rid of any dog fur, hang this big thing up and take a couple good pictures and decide whether to send it or not. It still doesn't have binding, but that will only take a day or two to do. The deadline isn't until the 17th.

Teresa, your quilt is so beautiful. I bet you could sell it in a New York minute. How could you bear to part with it. It is just magnificent (sp). It makes me want to go put on some muslin and batting and start to practice. You ladies are such awesome inspiratons. Keep up your wonderful work.

How on earth could you sell a quilt with that much time and beautiful effort? That is my problem, I want to keep all the stuff when it is all done. I know one can only use so many quilts but I become so attached by the time I'm finished. It's like raising a child and the letting them go. (I have a lot of trouble with that, too)

Archived