Finally finished

Several of you had asked to see pictures of this when it was done. I just pulled it off the machine, haven't trimmed it, lint rolled it, or anything; but it is finally finished. About 36 hours of work, 41 prewound bobbins. Lots of eye strain from white on white, but I'm happy with it.

post--13461898350514_thumb.jpg

OK Miss Teresa, I just got home from work, did my chores and logged in to see this post and I am mesmerized by this beauty. Girlfriend, you have completely outdone yourself. I am so proud of you. This is exquisite.

I will stop here so the rest of the members here can fill this post with even more adjectives and exclamations of their choice.

(((hugging you with so much happiness and love)))

:)Shana

OK, for the aching neck and tired eyes caused by working tirelessly for hours on end to finish this thing of beauty, this is what Dr. Shana prescribes:

One day of pampering to include a full body massage and facial. You deserve that. Heck, get yourself a pedicure, too. I love pedicures...they are so luxurious and make me feel like a PRINCESS! Aaaaahhh! ;)

This is not a customer quilt. Other than QOV, I don't have any customer quilts to do. :(

This quilt is just one I felt like making. And when it came time to quilt it I decided to practice the 2 things I needed practice on, feathers and McTavishing.

I would take this to one of those show/sales, but I'd never be able to charge what it's worth. I probably will take it and hang it for a backdrop, behind the tables. I still haven't measured it, but it still fits on our queen sized bed, so I don't think it shrank too much with quilting.

Thanks ladies, Coming from you guys, that makes me feel great. You all do such wonderful work.

Linda R., thanks for the compliment. Now if you'd like to purchase this quilt . . . . LOL

Sheryl, Drop by any time. Just call first so I can find the carpet in the quilt room. It's somewhere under all that fabric and batting scraps.

Ooooooooooohhhhhh! That is GLORIOUS, Teresa!!! You have totally created a scrumptious work of art here! The butterfies were so pretty to begin with, but what you gave this with your quilting is something indescribable..... it's like angel food cake or chantilly lace...... but not. It's like..... like..... something I can't find the words for that's sooooo beautiful and fun at the same time. Wow!!

And if I were in your family, I'd be fighting over who gets it someday right now! What a precious heirloom this will make. Sigh......

where or where is this beauty I am reading about? I haven't been able to stay on line for more than 10 minutes at a time so I haven't gotten to share in some of this stuff but I really really need to see your feathers and McTavishing. Mine both still look kind of goofy

Archived