Stitch Regulator wonky...but not all the time

ok let's start off by saying that this top had all the NO'S you could possibly think of. it wasn't square, not pressed to one direction and little pleats throughout. Now, that being said while I was quilting it-simple SID-the stich regulator would slow down to the point that I had sometimes 7 stitches psi to 9 stitches psi. It was frustrating. It is over now, but i am afraid that something may be wrong with my precious.

ANY HELP?????

Hi Amanda

It sounds like the small black rubber wheel is not connecting properly inside the large black wheel. It is most likely happening when you are moving along the length of the table although it could be on the front to back movement.

Move the machine slowly along the length of the table to see if the rubber is in close enough to the big wheel for them both to turn together. If sometimes the rubber wheel isn't turning, you need to loosen the gold bolt that goes through the large wheel and the chrome plate that the black rubber wheel hangs from and push the chrome plate closer to the big carriage wheel so that the small rubber wheel gets closer and turns with the big wheel. When you get it right tighten up the gold bolt.

Good luck

sue in australia

I had SR problem in that it would not go or it would not stop. APQS sent a new mother board, new daughter board, new SR and eventually I had to send the machine to them. They could not duplicate the problem so they beefed up the circuits because they thought I was having a power surge/interruption. Since I got the machine back I haven't had any problems with the SR. What I now hear is a clunk now and then about the level of my head (no it's not in my head). It scares me each time I hear it and my stitch on the latest panto was thrown off because of it. I have yet to call them and ask them what's up with the noise. I have too many quilts stacked up but will be on top of things by the end of tomorrow.

Archived