Intelliquilter

Do many of you have the Intelliquilter on your machines? I had a good look at this product at FOQ, UK today and was very impressed.

What experiences, good and bad, do other members have and for those that have experience of the Intelliquilter and Compuquilter, how do they compare.

I am very drawn to the Intelliquilter but it is a lot of money, so want to make the right decision.

Chris

Hi Chris

I have CQ and love it for a number of reasons - I'll just give 3 below:

CQ is a tried and tested system (7yrs) and Stan the designer will not add new features if they conflict or do not work properly 100% of the time;

CQ is visual - the Boundaries feature (unique to CQ) shows you on the screen) the exact shape of the pieced area you want to quilt into (so if the piecing is wonky, that shape will show on the screen and you can move the image of the design around in that shape until you have it exactly where you want it to quilt out;

The training manuals have everything covered and they provide an open internet forum to ask questions and share information as well as email and telephone support.

If you go to www.yahoogroups.com and join the Compuquilter_Users forum you can see a comparison chart between CQ and IQ that might help you decide which system has the features etc you need. Information on this chart was submitted by both the designers of CQ and the designer of IQ .

Best wishes

Sue in Australia -

Guest Linda S

I would love to have an Intelliquilter. I have seen them demo'd at shows and they are very impressive. I also like the fact that they are quite portable.

Linda

Guest Linda S

LOL - I don't think I would ever want to trade my Liberty. I do a lot of custom work and it's so light and easy to move. The Millennium is a great machine, but it's not for me. I think even if I got an Intelliquilter, I wouldn't give up my Circle Lord either!

Sorry!

Linda

Just as one size does not fit all with quilting machines, the same could be said about the computerized systems.

While the difference in ease of disconnecting a CQ vs an IQ is negligible in terms of actual seconds, other features such as the reliability and consistency of a cable tracking system(CQ) vs a wheel system (IQ) (which would appear to be more easily affected by elements such as lint and thread) may be worthy of further investigation.

There are many features of the IQ that would make it appear very user-friendly, there are many features of the CQ that make it desirable in terms of a proven track record. Not having either system but being VERY interested in both and doing quite a bit of research, I suggest that both systems are very good and it will come down to your own priorities and the value you put on the various features.

So far, I am leaning towards a CQ system but that does not mean the IQ is inferior in any way! It just means that I might drive a different car than others! ;)

posted on 8/19/2007 at 04:45 AM

LOL - I don't think I would ever want to trade my Liberty. I do a lot of custom work and it's so light and easy to move. The Millennium is a great machine, but it's not for me. I think even if I got an Intelliquilter, I wouldn't give up my Circle Lord either!

Sorry!

Linda

Linda Steller

Stellar Stitches

Eugene, OR

APQS Liberty

http://www.stellarstitches.org

http://community.webshots.com/user/lsteller

Darn Linda,

Ya can't blame a girl for trying! I really love those CL swirls!

Carol

Archived