We went to the coast- NOW WITH PICTURES

Hello, I just thought I would try again to post a picture of the beautiful Oregon coast. We were staying with friends in Newport and I got this pic last night just before sunset.

Well, once again, I'm stumped. I go to my webshots and copy the different addresses (tried all 3 of them) to post into the attachment box and none of them will come up, so if you want to see, you will have to go to my webshots. Sorry to all of you, but I keep thinking it has to opperator error, but in all the posts, I just can't figure this one out.Text

Patty Jo, I saw your photo of the beautiful old suspension bridge in Newport. Very pretty. Nice composition and lighting!

Do you have any more photos to share? I love Oregon's coast -- As far as I'm concerned, on the 6th day, God spent a little extra time making his wonderful beauty there before he finally rested on the 7th day. :)

Yup. God's Country.

Oh yeah, Pat!! That is one great composition! Say, did you ever go down to Coos Bay? They have a bridge that's green, which just kind of looks like a bunch of green supports etc. from far away, but when you start up over it it's like driving into one huge ginormous cathedral, because the supports arch over the road in that Emerald City way, ya know? The only problem is, when you want to take a picture, there's always so many dead bugs on the windshield, LOL! So you either have to stop at the beginning of it and walk, or hang out the window. Now I would not suggest you actually do that, as it's a loooooong way down to the bay from there, and I don't think the geoducs like quilters falling in their living rooms. :D

Thanks Tish for getting it posted. I think that my brain just won't let me understand the directions to post a picture here. I have been able to post pictures elsewhere. I am sure that it is operator error. Maybe I need a hands on - like someone in my office with me - to teach me how to post. Oh well, 100 years from now, no one will know that I couldn't post a picture so in the scheme of things maybe it just isn't that important!! LOL ;)

Beautiful country...I lived in Seattle for 8 years before moving to the Sahara down here in AZ. I love the green everywhere there. We used to take weekend trips down to Powells Bookstore (can you say a whole city block devoted to a bookstore, several buildings)!! Loved it everytime. Years ago, we took the kids and we had a ball.

Ok, now I can post it. LOL! Forgot to download the pics before I went to reply to this, silly me. Here's a pic my DS took looking up at a fuschia in the greenhouse (rarely open to guests) at Shore Acres last month. I told him at 13 he's already a photographer. Yup.

Oh, and Pat, that's beeeeeautiful!! Ditto what Shana said. You could send these in to a contest or get them published as post cards or in a travel book or something. Great job! What kind of camera is that again?

post--13461898464886_thumb.jpg

Hi Patty,

Great shots of the coast. Of course, when I lived in Newport the sky was grey, my apt. building was grey, my car was grey. Maybe that's why I moved back to Portland. Not really.

Love the angle of your bridge shot. Not many people think to try it from that direction and it's really lovely.

Beth

Archived