compuquilter

Penpal83

Does anyone know if you can change a dxf design made for intellistitcher in auto sketch for compuquilter. I have some of onesong needle art designs but they have funny starting stiches. I want to know if I can eliminate them from the design. I bought the designs as dxf files and the web site says I can change them in auto sketch. Tried and failed.

Thanks

Yes, if you have the actual dxf file you can go in and change whatever you want in the design.

If you bought the dxf from onesongneedlearts, they are the Statler files. You need to delete the first and last notations. If there are any numbers - Donna doesn't use these anymore, but some of her old files still have the numbering systems - they need to be deleted also. Once you have taken all the macro information - her name, address, etc. - and all the other information out of the file. Make sure the design is centered on the page and the scale is 1" = 1". Save this new file as a skf and then a dxf. Bring the dxf into the CQ conversion program and convert it. If you have any problems, let me know. I have converted most of onesongneedle arts designs to the CQ format and can help you out.

E-mail me personally if you need more help.

Hey Sue, another question on Compu Quilter....

My stitiches are skipping.. and I get long running stiches in my compu quilter designs. I looked in the book, and it referred to calling a tech to come and re set the machine. I put a call into Jim Calendburg, but haven't heard anything back.

All I know is that I am getting tired of taking the stiches out... It needs to be fixed.

Barb Wetzel

Originally posted by BJWetzel

Hey Sue, another question on Compu Quilter....

My stitiches are skipping.. and I get long running stiches in my compu quilter designs. I looked in the book, and it referred to calling a tech to come and re set the machine. I put a call into Jim Calendburg, but haven't heard anything back.

Barb, I am not a techie type person, but if you are getting long running stitches in your designs, my guess would be that your wheels are not sitting correctly with your stitch regulator. Have you checked to see that your frame is level, there is no thread caught in your wheels, etc.? I can't see how this problem has anything to do with the digitized designs. Are these designs that you digitized or did you purchase them?

Sorry I'm not much help here.

Hi Barb

I doubt the problem is caused by the stitch regulator if you are running the machine with CQ, as CQ does not use the stitch regulator, stitches are made even by the consistent speed of the CQ motor.

Have you broken a needle lately? If so your problem is most likely caused by skipped stitches. The difference between skipped stitches and long stitches is that if you look closely at the holes made in the fabric by the needle and the holes are evenly spaced its a timing issue. If you are running the machine without CQ and the needle holes are unevenly spaced it is most likely that the black encoder wheel is not seated correctly inside the larger wheel.

Hope that gives you somewhere to start looking,

Best wishes

sue in Australia

Archived