single stitch always stops in down position

Carol:

Here's what I think but . . I am not an APQS service person so . . don't listen to me!;) I'm going to post because I see no one else has responded.

Hit the one stitch once and the needle goes down and sits there. Hit the button a second time and it comes back up. It really takes TWO steps to make ONE stitch. If you're new, it will be second nature in no time to hit it twice (you can do them one right after the other REAL quick .. you don't have to wait for it to go down, then hit the button the second time.)

As far as the chattering and being slow, mine is doing that too. I think we need to adjust the little thing that controls the speed of the one stitch. We need to speed it up just a little. I did it on my Ult. I but have never done it on the Millennium. I don't have time to find it now but Connie has several posts here on how to fix it. It is REAL easy and REAL quick.

But, sometimes when mine is chattering and won't stop, I just hit the one stitch twice to make a whole stitch and it stops it.

But, we do need to fix this! I'll do it when I get back from Paducah!!

I thought Carol was referring to the fact the machine stops at the end of stitching in the "down" position. I know I have that problem too and have to hit the up/down button once to get the needle up to be able to hit the thread cutter button. Is there a way to program the machine to stop stitching in the up position?

thanks

Sara

Your needle will stop in the position it was in when you started stitching. So if you started in the down position it will also stop down, if you started in the up position that's where it will stop. Personally that's right where I want it for either securing the stitches or for continueing on shortly. It prevents the machine from accidentally moving. I never use my thread cutter as pulling the thread to the top and trimming saves me an hour or so trimming threads on the back when I'm finished. jeri

Thank you, Jeri, for enlightening me!!! I always wondered how I was so fortunate that my needle stopped in the down position, as that was how I liked it to stop. I always start with my needle down, so therefore that is how it stops! DUH! I can't believe I didn't correlate the two things. Boy, you do learn something new every day!!

Connie we all keep you pretty busy. Glad my answer met your approval.

Lynn, I knew what the needle positioner did before I bought my machine. Carol Thelan's Long Arm Quilting book is a great reference about the machines. She does a great job of explaining what most of the functions are that relate to all the brands. I've had my machine 2 1/2 years and spent 2 years deciding what I wanted--Carol's book came out during that time and I think I knew what was on every page and much of it word for word. I'd recommend it to anyone considering a longarm, jeri

To check past posts to get the instructions for adjusting the speed or bobbing up and down of the needle, try putting

" needle up/down brass screw" in the search and this should help pare down the number of posts to go thru to get the instructions.

Nancy-Millenninum

Duluth, MN

New Topic:

Why does my backing always pucker up? I am starting the pinning at the end of the quilt, pulling all three layers up under the bar and pinning to the #1 roller. It seems to happen when I use lofty batting. It does not seem to cause a problem when I use Warm and Natural.

This is the second quilt I have had to take off the machine and pull the stitches out. I am not very happy with this. Any suggestions?

Barb Wetzel

Ivy Corner Quilting

Altoona, Iowa

Barb, Try a partial float. I float the top edge of the quilt and pin the sides instead of basting them so I can re-adjust as needed. Since I started doing this I have no pucker problems even with the occasional thick batt for comforters. If you send me an e-mail I can take a photo of how I load the next one (hopefully this afternoon if all goes right). It seems like you have more control over how smooth everthing is. Definately not an expert but it works for me. jeri

Help I'm getting uneven tension from the top tensioner, The back is fine and for about 10-15 stitches is loose, about every 400 - 500 stitches. I have tightened the tension to the point of breakage. What else could it be? What else can I do?

Mary

Sun City, AZ

Millennium

Archived