My Circle Lord is here!

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

Well, I'm worn out from a week at the office, and I've been wrastling with these instructions for awhile, but the Circle Lord is on my machine and I'm ready to boogie! Of course, it's only 10:45 p.m., but who's got time to sleep when one has a new quilting tool?!? :P

Thanks to Sherry Rogers-Harrison for answering a late evening question!

Linda

Guest Linda S

OMG! I am having a blast with my new toy. I think I am going to make up a couple of nice samplers of designs to take around to the quilt shops in the area. I know if I saw quilted examples of what this thing can do, I'd be bringing my quilts to the person who had it. Now, let's just hope that everyone else is as reasonable as I am!! :D This unit is very simple to set up, as long as you're not over-tired when you do it. I did it myself last night. The design possibilities are seemingly endless! I hope in time to be able to order one of the Kings, so I can whip our baptist fans or clamshells or zigzags in short order. If you are going to MQS, take the class on the Circle Lord or stop by the booth for a demonstration (I think they'll be using them at the Quilts of Valor booth!). This is one coooool tool! :cool:

Linda

I just got my CL as well last week. I immediately put it on, took a look at a few instructions and proceeded to put very precise hearts on a 4 sq block then freehanded flower meanders. The customer was Thrilled.:D Here's an example.

Guest Linda S

Gorgeous Kathy! Looks like you've got Nichole's hook and kiss flowers down too! Very pretty.

Linda

P.S. You have to edit your pictures down to like a max of 600 x 800 pixels to get them to fit the screen.

One of my clients brought me a very large hand sewn quilt done in red and white. Her block designs were from the early 1900s and her stitching was perfect. I was blown away by how much it looked like an antique. She wanted me to do something from the period. ??????

I used my CL ZigZag template with the rounded curves and quilted the rows 2" apart. Using the template my quilting was perfect too and she loved it. She was so excited when she saw it that the next day she came by to show me an antique quilt that had been in the family for several generations. It had the exact same quilting pattern (soft curved zig zags) that I had used and the rows were just about 2" apart. The only difference was that it had been completely hand quilted.

My quilting is not exceptional and I'm not proficient with my feathers or custom designs yet but I keep working at it. However, every once in awhile I have a day that shines above the others. Seeing a client that happy was certainly one of those days. I love my templates.

Guest Linda S

Norece - I took a class in how to use the CL at MQX. The class was very helpful, telling us how to "decode" the numbers for the designs. It does take some playing to get the designs, but they are so much easier than anything else I have tried. I imagine the "king" templates would be so very easy to use. Can't wait till I have sufficient funds to get those.

Linda

I only have the basic templates that came with the initial purchase of the CL. I may order the Baptist Fans but I'm just not sure how much business I will do with it. Most everything I do is custom and that isn't what most of my clients would want but . . I think it's pretty cool and would love to have it for my own quilts.

But, I'm thinking the CL is one of the best investments for the longarm I've made. There's nothing like perfect circles for feathered wreaths!

If you would be able to take a class, I know that would help but I am 100% confident that you can learn to use it on your own.

I'm a newbie, too, and I was able to figure it out. The concentric circles were really easy, but I did have problems with the connecting circles to make a bigger circle. I finally went on to the Aztec template and suddenly it all fell into place. I went back and did the connecting circles without a problem.

I haven't used it on a quilt, but then I'm not taking customer quilts yet. I loved playing with it and it did make those feathered circles very easy.

Phyllis Hughes

Guest Linda S

Judy - do you use the roll of pattern grid when you use your Circle Lord? I'm thinking of getting one. I bought the cross-hatch template with mine and am wondering how I can easily line it up accurately as I move from right to left. I suppose I could do it with some tape and string, but I'm thinking the pattern grid might be better.

Linda

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just wanted to put in my 3 cents again. I got a Circle Lord and a few large templates last month for my Mothers Day gift.

I only started quilting for money 2 months ago, before that I only quilted charity quilts and my own.

I used the Baptist Fan template on a charity quilt and have had several requests for it on customer quilts. I can hardly believe how these templates make such beautiful "dummy proof" designs every time and at a fraction of the time and effort to do without.

I cannot come close to this accuracy with my pantos yet, so if you are new and looking for a quick start on allover classic designs I highly recommend these templates.

My Circle Lord came yesterday and it's up in the box calling my name! I don't think I can install it on the machine til Friday morning, tho. I'm really excited to give it a try but can't make up my mind on what to try first. I have a number of quilts on hand to choose from and even that decision has my mind spinning!:mad: Oh well, I'll get the stuff done around here today that I have to get out of the way and tomorrow will be here soon enough!!

Have a great day!! Sandra :P

Archived