zipppers

I read alot about putting your quilts on with zippers. Is this something special to APQS? Is it something I can invent myself on my grace quilt frame with a Jamone 1600 P? Is it regular zipper by the yard attached to the quilt and the other half attached to the leader fabric?

Any help would be appreiated

Jeannine,

I have used both the velcro and the zippers, both worked fine for me. The only drawback to the velcro is that your threads get caught on the loops. They are well work the money and make loading a quilt so much easier. They are just heavy duty separating zippers so depending on the size of your frame you can probably find a regular zipper source.

Heidi

Another question on the zippers.. if we have several length leaders.. then we'd be using the same end of the table for all the small quilts.. ? Thered be no way to start in the middle unless the quilt were loaded on a longer zipper?

Rita

Hey Rita. You are right about the zippers. They are not like when you do leaders different sizes. I thought it would bother me but it doesn't. I just got both my sets the same size and it really isn't a problem. As a matter of fact I'm sure I'll end up getting a 3rd set just in case! You find the center get the quilt on the one small zipper side and then zip it onto the leaders. Easy as can be!

Heidi

Guest Linda S

I agree with Leslie - the zippers from the Quilting Connection come with excellent instructions for installing them. Plus, all the zippers are labeled, so when you go to put them on your backing or quilt top, you know exactly where you are! I have one machine set of zippers and four quilt sets. I use all of mine too, and I'm thinking that one more set would be nice and handy!

Linda

Guest Linda S

Thanks for the tip, but I don't float my tops. Tried it twice and decided I really hated it. I like the control of attaching the quilt top to the leader.

Linda

Archived