Lattice garden quilt done

Hi Teresa

I think that your customer will be pleased. You did exactly what she asked for. sometimes, I don't think that customers realize what we could do to make their quilts sing (as they say). This one is humming, but not due to your decisions. Great job giving the customer what she wanted.

Kenna I think batting is a personal thing , I have done a few quilts for clients that wanted a high loft batting , on one quilt I used two 1/2 high loft batting client wanted a lot of puff , puff she got .

Seems to me that most show quilts are using cotton batting with very dense quilting which to me gives the quilt a flat look .

I like to try all types of batting , so far haven't had any trouble with any of the ones that I have used . :P

I like the look of high loft batting, when it's done by hand. But my machine hates the stuff. Add bumpy seams to fluffy batting and it gets kind of hard to drive over all that stuff. Imagine driving through mud and over speed bumps in one of those lowered to the ground trucks that the kids are all driving. Not a pretty sight.

Archived