re: late birthday blocks

SandraC

Hi there everyone....

I have had such intentions of getting up to date on the birthday blocks after summer was done but life has a way of throwing things off kilter...

On the labour day weekend my husband got very ill and hasn't been well since. He spent the week in the hospital and last week we spent 4 days in another hospital getting tests and such to see if he could get on a transplant list. We were home for Saturday then Sunday I took him back to hospital, where he still is now. I was supposed to get news of his being put on the list for transplant but just heard that they see something suspicious and want to make sure he doesn't have cancer. Boy, this is really making a long story short.

I really thought I could devote some time to the b-day blocks but realistically, I can't see it happening. I am so sorry.

I really do believe that a plan of some sorts has been working in our favour in the last few years that has brought me to a point in my life with the longarm that I can bring in fairly good money to contribute to my family. Before this, I was a homemaker for years then took a couple of minimum wage jobs. Thank God for the longarm as well as all the warm and caring people it has brought into my life. When Greg first got sick last month, on top of it all I was terrified of our finances....but really, with my quilting, I think we'll manage (I hope:()

Again, sorry to let everyone down in this project.

Hey Sandra, I am so sorry your DH is not well.

But let's re-focus here for a minute. Family is at the top of the list, these blocks are way down the list.

You take care of yourself so you can take care of DH. You are so blessed to have the talent to quilt and to be able to earn a living doing it is a real bonus. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Oh Sandra, please don\'t worry about birthday blocks. Mine are very very late and I know other people are still behind too.

Your husband should be your main focus at this time. I am glad that you are in a place where you can bring in an income from your quilting. Please know that I will also keep you and your husband in prayer.

Archived