anybody use Picasa for pics

Hi all--my BIL is setting up my webpage--and he has all the groundwork done and it actually is live on the web--but it just has computer jibberish for words--I am going to make a serious effort to get the words to him this weekend.

What I was wondering--does anybody here use Picasa to store their photos--that is what he set up on my site--and I don't even know how to add more photos to it--any help would be appreciated--I know that I can ask him--I would just like to try learn myself!!

Thanks for listening!! and if you don't mind computer jibberish--check out www.lizardcreekquilting.com

Hi Terri,

I had to take a peek at your new website! :)

It looks great! I love the page that shows your sample work via "video".

You brother in law did a wonderful job with the site...the composition and colors are all very nice. Sorry, I don\'t know a thing about Picasa.

I run a website for our guild, but it is set up in such away that I upload all the images from my files to their hosting site, and then copy/paste the code from my files to the website after I upload to their host storage.

I assume Picasa in your case is the host, so to speak, but you copy paste the files from your computer with the exact same format and text to the website...Picasa is just storing them. Check to see after you upload to Picasa if you can then insert an image from your files onto the site----

Hi Terry,

Congrats on the site! It looks good and lucky you to have a BIL to help you out with its creation!

Picasa is the free photo sharing/storage software that is given out by Google. It looks like he linked it to a Picasa album, that is stored on Google. If you dont already have a google ID of your own, my bet is that he created an ID just for lizard quilting and you will probably need to know the ID/password to go in and edit your slideshow, upload new photos, etc. If you are at all familiar with how webshots works, its basically the same.

If you have a google ID, just go log in, follow the links to Picasa and you should find it. Have fun!

Jody

Archived