shudders, squeeks and groans-ghost in machine?

My machine has been experiencing some scary sounds. At a certain time in the speed, the machine starts shuddering. It has also started making an intermittant squealing noise that sounds like a belt slipping (?). It also has a clattering noise in the bobbin area. I have read the posts about needing grease. Is this the problem? Yikes!

Pat Kk

Booooo

The shudder may be that your machine is not level. There are several threads abour how to level your machine. Another thing that "wiggles loose" is the center span. It usually just needs a bit of tightening near the center break on the table, the big metal tube. You can tell if it has wiggled loose by measuring the machine from front to back in 3 or four places from end to end. The table should be the same measurement (front to back) all along the table. I hope this makes sense.:o

Pat,

Have you tried calling Amy at Tech Support (800-426-7233)? She is amazing and can often pinpoint an issue or "sound" just by having you hold the phone up to the machine while it is making the unusual noise.

Don\'t be afraid to call tech support right away when something unusual is happening--often they have experienced similar issues and can diagnose and fix a problem quickly. We want tech support to be your first line of defense, and first call, when you have a problem or concern. I realize quilters don\'t all quilt from 8-5 p.m. when the tech line is open. The forum is a great place to ask questions when trouble arises outside of normal business hours. Just don\'t hesitate to call if the suggestions don\'t help the problem.

Everyone on the forum has only good intentions when recommending fixes. Many times they are right on the money! But since we have such a diverse group of people with different machines and brands sharing on the chat, what fixes one machine might not apply to another. I\'d hate for you to dive into the machine\'s innards only to learn later that the fix was as simple as tightening a bolt somewhere :).

Let us know how things are coming! Maybe the freaky noises are just in honor of Halloween :)!

Archived