Re-packing Grease

lizziesgirl

My DH and I finally got some time to be able to repack the grease. I was so nervous, it was like operating on one of my kids. She came through just fine and boy what a difference, quite and so smooth. I had forgot she was that good. It wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be, if there is ever a next time I won't be so hesitant to fix the problem.

I too have to do this next week. I know it won\'t be to bad but I have to take all my rails off to get my machine off the front of my table. I don\'t have enough clearance on the panto side. ARG!!!.. I know she will be much quieter after but had to get all my customer quilts done first so I could take next week off to work on her. Mark told me I should not have to do this again for a Looooong time.

Nora

Washougal WA

Millennium

Hi Ladies,

I had to re-pack my girl once, and it just about scared me to death. Then to find that it was so simple to do, I felt like such a fool. I think that we are scared of working on these because they cost so much, and we\'ve (or at least I) have always taken mine to the technician and paid the trained professional. Therefore, these machines are even more scary, and they\'re bigger!

Nora, you\'ll be fine, and so happy that you did it when you go. Once you get the head off the rails, it\'s quick and easy, then slide it back on and back to quilting. You won\'t be down for a day, let alone a week.

Beth

• 3 months later...

Archived