wavey photo transfers

Hello:

I have a problem. I\'m doing a memory quilt for a customer and she didn\'t want any quilting in the photo transfer....I did mention to her this will probably cause the image to bulge. I\'ve never done a memory quilt before.........well it has bulged more than I had anticipated. The reason we were not going to quilt in the photo transfer area was because the needle leaves a large hole that can be seen. What to do???

Any ideas??

Sheena

How about switching to a 3.5 needle and Bottom Line or Monopoly thread to blend with the photo? I\'ve seen memory quilts with stitching through the photo - if the thread is fine enough, you don\'t notice it. And maybe consider a ballpoint needle? I don\'t know whether that would be better or worse for needle holes.

I had a new customer call the other day wanting two memory quilts quilted. They are quilts with her children\'s pictures. Her children passed way and these quilts are very special for her and her DH. She doesn\'t want the stitching to go across their faces in the quilt. The clear thread may work for this situation too, thanks for the tip. I will discuss that with her when she comes to drop off the quilts.

Mary Beth

Archived