Extended base question

JenMcManus

If I attach my extended base, can it be left on all the time? Does it limit my quilting space?

And then the question is, how do I put it on? The directions in the manual seem to be for when you are putting your whole machine together, not after the fact.

The instructions included with the base just say "remove trim inserts and slide the expander onto the machine base."

Do I really just have to do that? Nothing else? That sounds too simple!

Thanks, Jen

Hi Jen.

I don\'t leave my base on when I am not using it.

On the bobbin cutter side of your machine you may have 4 white or black plastic dots (remove trim inserts). Reach in the bobbin thread cutter are and pop out the front 2, then slid your base on.

If you have any question give me a call.

Myrna

Jen,

I tend to leave my base on. That way if I need to use a ruler I\'m all set. I don\'t find that it slows anything down or gets in my way. I did raise my top bar just a tad so that it easily slides under the bar even with a quilt rolled up on it.

The base just fits right over the throat so it goes on and off very easily.

Just make sure you push it on all the way and it is well seated.

Heidi

Heidi,

Me too, me too!! I leave my extended base on all the time, since, like you, I prefer to be ready to use it. It does bump into the leveling roller and the top roller, but I\'ve learned my limits - which maybe I don\'t have to have....

So, how doooo we raise the bar?

Sorry Barb and Cathy I just saw your post. It is really easy to raise the bar. Just take off the bar and give the eye bolts (I know that isn\'t the right name) a turn and put the bar back on. I think I only did one turn on mine. Just make sure you do the same to both sides so the bar stays level. It was that easy. Let me know need more of an explanation.

Heidi

Archived