I've been busy...

This is the web site for the "Basket Weave" stencil that I used in the quilt. The one I used looks large, like about 1" or so, but I know there is a mini that would look good too. Sherry Harrison is a quilter/artist who posted a quilt here some time ago using this stencil. She just about ran the stecil company in the ground trying to keep up with orders for this stencil.

http://www.quiltingstencils.com/

Mary Beth, Hi! I went to the Stencil site. NEAT stuff!! How did you get your stencil on your quilt? Do you use a blue marker or could you use one of those pounch things? Your quilt is really cute!! When you echo like that, is there something you can follow, or do you just eyeball it? I\'m a wana-be!! :) linda

Linda,

I\'m a wana-be too!!

Yes, stencils are the best...love \'em!

I use a pounce pad with Miracle Chalk. I love, love, love Miracle Chalk. I have tried the regular chalk, even with black light powder and I can\'t get it to stay put. Miracle Chalk hangs on until I take it off with steam.

Glad you like the quilt. Customer is coming today to pick it up, hope she likes it too.

Mary Beth

Linda,

I have a Millie, unfortunatly she doesn\'t do anything unless I make her ;) I "wanna be" Dawn Cavanaugh :P:D I have such a long, long way to go, but I am working on it....someday:cool:

Phyllis,

The ribbon did help....and the classes at MQS last year....gonna try to make another donation quilt - I hope this one makes it to the show:D

The grandbaby is so beautiful...maybe you can see her when you all are here for MQS - I know, just what you wanted...someone bragging about her baby.

Jean,

I\'m not sure of the size...the number on the stencil is SCL-028 -12. I tried to measure one of the little "squares" and it was 1 3/8". You might be able to go to the web site with that number from the stencil and it may tell you there. Sorry I\'m not much help. I\'m on the night shift right now and really don\'t know my head from a whole in the ground:P

Archived