fast way to go--pics

Sandra--the quilts are gifts for her children--with the family name and year that they were married on them. My "sewing partner in crime" friend has an embroidery machine--so she does that for me and I designed the wallhanging in EQ5. I find that it really helps non-sewers to have a visual in color and fabrics before they understand what you are talking about. The coworker gave me the price she was willing to pay and I came up with something to fit in her budget. I can\'t wait to deliver them to school on Tuesday.

Terri

Teresa--The price she gave me that she was willing to spend was $50 for the completed quilt--the wallhangings are 26" square. I just finished putting the bindings on tonight and will sit and handstitch them down tomorrow afternoon--I don\'t usually handstitch-but didn\'t figure enough fabric when I bought it-so had to make the binding smaller--therefore handstitch it down--and then figure out if it was worth it--know I should have done that first--but she is also my husband\'s aunt--and I just felt like doing them--she asked this summer and I felt that it would be a good practice on my machine. I know that if I figured in like an hourly wage it probaly wouldn\'t be enough--but it is what I did and felt comfortable with--I am a stay at home mom--so sometimes it just makes my sewing time worth it to me.

Terri

Archived