Hydraulic Lift?

I am really considering upgrading my table with the H-Lift that is shown on the site. Is anyone using it and if so, how do you adjust the height and how much? Is the height adjustment significant? Do you feel it is secure? Those slim legs just worry me...not a technical person and my son would laugh at me...but I have to ask.

Hi Kathy,

I have the H-lift, and I love it. I use it every time I quilt, to eliminate getting stiffness in my back. Changing the height forces me to change my posture and position.

The height difference is significant, yes (but I don\'t know the exact measurement).

It is abslolutely solid. Don\'t let the thickness of the legs fool you!!! This thing is solid! No wiggle or movement whatsoever.

Hope this helps you make up your mind. :D

Thank you for replying. I hope they may have them on the table when I go to MQX. Did a search on the site and only found a few posts and those dealt with understanding the directions. I saw them on the A1 this weekend and fell in love with the notion of adjusting the table.

Hi Kathy,

I have and use the lift. It is the best thing I have added to my quilting arsenal. I use it all the time.

Is the height adjustment significant?

YES. I have the overhead wiring system and my friend Hartley added 6 sets of fluorescent lights to it and have no problems with the added weight.

Do you feel it is secure?

Yes it feels secure even when I have it pretty high and I and am a quilting like a manic!

Those slim legs just worry me...not a technical person and my son would laugh at me...but I have to ask.

The legs adjust and level just like you machine legs.

You will be very pleased. Highly recommend! :) Myrna

I have a Freedom SR and a Millie with H-Lifts on both. I like my table high. One of the people who quilts on the machines is 5\'2" and I am 5\'8". So we really need the lift. However, after quilting for a long time a small adjustment to the table can help keep you quilting!!;)

Hi Sandra! It\'s great to see you here! I read practically every word but seldom post...This place is so helpful to a newbie !

I am loving my machine....still plan to come to Baton Rouge for classes one day soon. I just added the Circle Lord...Now I can\'t keep my husband away from the machine...He quilted an entire quilt with Swirls yesterday!

Here\'s a big hug for you, (((())))

Karen Simons in Columbia, La.

Hi everyone,

I have wheels on my Liberty because I have to keep it against the wall then roll it out to use it. Can I still put a lift on. I really don\'t like doing pantos and I think it is because that side of the table is so low. I can\'t seem to follow the panto very well, but I do just fine with a lazer at the front of the machine. Any thoughts on this.

Carol

Myrna,

I\'m so glad you got the hydraulic lift. Didn\'t I tell you how much I loved mine. I don\'t have near the neck and shoulder problems. It makes it nice to be able to stand for a while and then adjust the height to sit for awhile. If any of you are thinking about purchasing one, you\'ll wonder why you waited.

Happy quilting everyone.

Karen,

Great to hear from you. I plan to call you soon. I am leaving for atrip to California to play "longarming" with my friend Rachel Justus, then on to St. George Utah for a 3 day seminar at Superior Threads (tried to get a class with Myrna but she will be at a quilt show near Vegas.) I plan to go to that show on Sunday Feb. 10 and visit the APQS booth where Myrna will be. Hope you are doing well. All chemo and radiation are over and things are looking good on my side. I am back at work full time now.

Lovef to you

Sandra

Archived