NEW FREE Sharon Schamber Video

NEW FREE Sharon Schamber Video  

1. 1. NEW FREE Sharon Schamber Video

Dear all, Sharon has posted a new video to show how she added the thread guides, needle bar thread guide and thread tree. There is also some talk about the needles she uses. This was done on a Gammill but it at least gives better pictures. I would check with your APQS experts before modifing your machine. I have not done this yet on my machine and since I don\'t own an APQS machine at this time, I can\'t say if it is recommended or not. I can say that Neil Schamber and Raicherts have been wonderful in assisting me with my concerns and questions. Michelle

www.sharonschambernetwork.com

Great info on that video. I don\'t have tension issues (knock on wood) on my machine but I may have to try that bobbin genie washer; Gammill bobbin washers are a bit pricey $5.

I was curious about the cone thread holder to put on top of the machine. Who doesn\'t love the idea of not walking around their table to change top threads? WooHoo. I do wish that Jason had shown us (in the video) how or if the top cone holder comes apart. If that cone holder base is epoxied to the top of the machine, can part of it be removed in case you want to send your machine out for maintenance?

Michelle, do you know if it comes apart?

Yes Linda. Only the base would remain attached. There is a lock nut or hex nut or one of those nuts that keep it attached to the small base. I haven\'t attached mine to the machine yet. Not sure I really need it yet at my level of quilting but you know how we are about gadgets and gizmos. Gotta have them...LOL! It would be most beneficial to those who change threads frequently and work from the front of the machine. I\'m waiting for my "disk tension" and needlebar thread guide. They sent me the wrong thread guide and the new one is on the way. I will try anything to work on my tension. Just can\'t seem to leave it alone.

Ed Raichert, INC.

Jason Raichert

http://www.raichert.com

1-800-422-3153 - Jason

jason@raichert.com

Be sure to tell them you have an APQS machine. They used a Gammill in the video and I don\'t want anyone to damage their machine. Be sure to talk to someone from APQS or someone that has an APQS machine that says this worked for them. Sherry Rogers made some modifications that worked for her.

Hartley does have a Double cone holder that attaches to the to pf the machine. It attaches with a heavy duty double stick tape. If you need it to come off for any reason there are 2 little screws to remove to get the cone holder off. I have used it since it came out, love , love , love it. I have mine placed about 2" behind the front laser light post. I can change thread colors in a snap. just tie them off and pull them through. I personally don\'t find that we need another thread guide on our machines. Just my opinion.

Myrna

Archived