Machine not working, left control button problem

Please help. I have a king size quilt loaded and one row into it, whenever I push the left control button (only the control button), the horizontal lock comes on; push it again and it goes off.

I shut the machine totally off and turned it on again and this continues.

I did look thru the manual and didn\'t find anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Couple of suggestions for you: first, follow the wiring for your control knob and unplug/replug each connection you can reach. This includes inside your "mushroom" cap. There might be a bad connection somewhere.

Another possible fix: I had an issue with the blue button on the left-side handle on the panto side of my Millie - it was suggested that I exchange that "mushroom cap" with the one on the freehand side of the machine. I decided not to try it, since I don\'t like pantos anyway, and that gave me a reason not to do them!:P But it might work for you.

As usual, this kind of thing happens when APQS is gone for the weekend, but you might try opening a topic on the "APQS Help" Forum, since they watch that, sometimes even on the weekend.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Ooooh, another thought - can you unplug your channel lock for this quilt?

Thanks Barb,

wiring connections are tight.

It occurs on the front and back caps so can\'t move one to the other. I did find another post that had the same issue and posted there but no responses.

I called APQS yesterday a.m. and they said to take the circuit boards apart, clean and put back together. Haven\'t had a chance to do that yet as I just got back in town so that is the plan for this p.m. and HOPEFULLY it willwork. If not, the board goes to APQS for repair.

Alyn Meyer

Millie

Rapid City, SD

Archived