beachbobbinquiltin.....where are you???

First, let me apologize for using this forum as an APB. That is still cop-talk for All Points Bulletin, isn\'t it? Maybe I have been watching too many black & whitew crime dramas. :D:D:P

A few days ago, beachbobbinquilting posted about a batting holder that her DH made. It holds 5 rolls of batting and cones of thread.

I would love to see a photo and know more about this storage device. My DH is handy and he can build anything if he sees the plans or even a photo. I sent a U2U to beachbobbinquilting 4 days ago but no answer yet.

beachbobbinquilting, please email or U2U me about the batting storage.

Thanks.

I printed out that picture of the batting holder to give to DH for a honey do project...let\'s see that is in line after hanging the brackets like Carole Lyon has for her CL. I think I will need to make him a notebook :D i would love to see a picture of a batting holder/thread holder too!

Linda, Here is her posting, but I didnt see a picture.

It\'s under the topic "where did you put your machine"

In the topic MY STUDIO!!!!

beachbobbinquilting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on 4/14/2008 at 03:55 PM

I convinced my husband to move all the furniture out of the living room. Made it tight elsewhere, but I have room. I have a Millie with a 14 foot table. He also made me an A-frame for a batting rack which holds 5 rolls of batting, and the A-frame also holds 250 cones of thread. Then he made another table, with a layer of batting and muslin on top for pressing tops and backs. It also has a couple of shelves. The shelves I use for my various cutting mats and templates. My sewing machine and serger also went into the quilting room along with a small TV. I also have a pie safe which holds various tools I do not need on a daily basis, but use frequently. Unfortunately, my fabric stash is still in theguess bedroom, and the chest of drawers holds unfinished projects that I\'m slowly clearing. The closet....well, I hope no one needs to hang much up.....that\'s where the fabric goes. I do have a small chest of three drawers for guests to use which I do keep empty. We live near the beach so we have lots of company. Everyone is impressed when they walk in and see my living room/now quilting room.

And we finally sold some of the furniture so everything fits nicely into our house.

I\'ll try to take a picture, if you\'re interested in my A-frame. I love it. Easy to roll the batting out, and keeps it neat.

Cathy

Wow, Mary Beth, those are cool storage solutions. I bet that the first one has to be attched to the wall so it does not fall down but wow the rolls of batting you can fit on that. I alos like the second one because of the side storage for those big templates and rulers. I think that i will email vicki welsh and see if she knows where the plan came from.

Thanks, MB, you are a search engine virtuosa.:cool:

The second one is built and sold by a quilter wife and husband team. I bought one from them and love it. It is on big heavy duty wheels and rolls like a dream. i can move it by myself loaded up with batting. it holds three full rolls of batting and five if you have used some of the roll. It has a built in ledge for using your rotary cutter for cutting the batting too. I use the top to hold my mega ironing board, that I made myself from the packing boards the batting rack was shipped in. You have to put it together, but it took my honey less than 30 minutes. There are only a couple of parts. The roll holders are adjustable so you can fit in any size roll. Isn\'t it cool? I even paid the moving company to include it in my shipment cuz I don\'t wanna live without it.

:D:D:D

Nancy Jo

Archived