Now I'm REALLY steamed-Better today

I\'ve been doing QOVs since I started longarming a year ago, about a dozen in total (could be more, I haven\'t really kept track). It helps that the Quilt Coordinator for this group is here in WA State. If you want to quilt for QOV, be sure to e-mail June Moore at june@qovf.org, and she\'ll get you hooked up. I love being able to serve a good cause, and they\'re not picky when my work isn\'t perfect (which it never is!LOL).

Anyway, hang in there, Nancy Jo - like Patty said, God knows their hearts - and yours! See ya tomorrow, girlfriend!:P

Yes, Shana, I am permanently in Idaho. I AM HOME and loving every minute, even the snow. Honey is traveling back and forth, but he promised he would transition his business by June 18th, which is when construction starts on the new house. He wants to be here to drive the contractor crazy on a daily basis :D:D:D:D I told him to let me know when the keys are ready. ;);)

Hey everyone, guess what. Lola works!! Today I actually started her up and even the CQ works. And I did it all myself. Completely set up and leveled, lights installed, everything. Waaayyyyy cool. :cool::cool:

See ya tomorrow Barb. We really need to start one of the NW groups over here. It is so much fun!!

Nancy

Nancy, I miss you here tho\', darn it, just got to know you. Start a new group and you\'ll all have fun. It will be a good thing. My sister lives in Endicott, so let me know if you decide to have classes some day, so I can join you.

I just looked at your web site. It\'s great. You are sooo multi-talented. Setting up your machine and compuq., too even! wow!

The pics were fun. Take care, Evelyn

Nancy,

Good luck at your new home front. So sorry to hear what those ladies did to you. I would be up set too. I am with so many here that say to send a bill and a letter. Love what Linda wrote, worded wonderfully. I did one for the church, other than that they tie all theirs. And I will let them continue to do that because some times at graduation time it could easily be 8 to 12 quilts. Plus they recycle and use denim jeans with a sheet for the backing. Don\'t want to touch them.

I do quilts for QOV. I have done 8 so far this year and just got 4 more today. Great way to practice and give back at the same time. Atleast I know that they are going where they are suppose to go. Such a small thing to give all these Soldiers who give up so much for our country. Many great organizations that make quilts for them.

Angela

Wow! I quilt a lot of quilts for charity donations for my guilds (2). I\'ve also done some for a friend\'s church group. So far, so good. They actually got donated. I\'ve stopped the raffle thing. They don\'t seem to put enough effort into selling the tickets and they don\'t raise anywhere close to what the quilts are worth.

I\'ve been hit lately with a couple of fund raisers. They are doing a silent auctions. We\'ll see how that goes. So far, the members of one of the clubs are very excited about the quilt I donated. I also got a couple of new customers from the club! They had no idea I was a longarmer. That worked out pretty well for me. Funny thing was, the quilts were made from orphan blocks from an estate sale that I put together. I made a table topper and matching runner for one, the other was just a lap quilt.

I always donate a quilt to the school for their fundraiser. They hold an annual event (Halloween carnival) and do the silent auction also. Usually, the teachers are duking it out to get the quilt. So far, the quilt has sold for the highest price over everything else in the auction. They have some really nice items and I\'m always surprised the quilt beats them all. They are so glad to get it for their auction, and always look forward to seeing the next year\'s quilt! That makes me feel good.

Nancy, I think Linda Rech is right on with that sweet, but to the point billing. I don\'t thnk it sound prissy or indignat at all. In fact I think it is a respectful and gentle. It also will put changing the destination of a donation quilt as a taboo for future quilts. I think it\'ll will create a new policy for your guild. One that should have been there from the start. I think a bill worded as above in Lindas chat, coming from you is the perfect solution. You get it off your chest and the problem gets resolved for the future quilting wether they pay you or not. Best of luck.

Archived