Any good game ideas???

Hi all,

I am in charge of this years "picnic" at our guild. We have it indoors and feature the young quilters in our lives. We played "Quilto" year before last, and although it\'s fun, I would like some other ideas.

As a warmer upper, I thought of putting questions in a basket at each table. Things like "tell us about the most famous person you ever met/saw" or "tell us about the most dangerous thing you ever did". But that is just a table activity. I need something for the group.

Anybody have anything???

We did strip poker at our guild! A huge turn out! we played at a church with beer logo cards!LOL. great fun We ran copies of standard poker games (2) and allowed each table to play what they wanted ie table game limit etc. We all got play!

Sewhappy

www.sewhappy.com

As a school teacher in charge of activities at student council meetings.....you could make up a sheet with 9 or 16 or more blocks, like a bingo or tic-tac toe, each square has a statement in it and they must find people to sign until they have a row or blackout...depending on how much time you want to allow. Statements could be: I have quilted a king-size quilt, I have a Circle Lord, I have done an applique quilt, I have more than 3 quilts, etc....you could make up as many as you need. (stretching to find statements per quilting, mine questions were more like: I have blue eyes, I own a dog, I am from somewhere besides MO, etc

Hope this gives you some ideas.

We used to play "To Tell the Truth." People submit little known, interesting tidbits about themselves (I met the Queen of England, I almost burned down my house when I invented an Electric Pillow, I almost drowned in quicksand....). Then the MC finds arranges the panel (the person really involved, and two liars). The panel goes up before the crowd, the crowd asks questions, then votes on who the real person is. It was a great way to get to know stuff you otherwise wouldn\'t get to know, and it was a lot of fun, too.

We play at game at a lot of our get togethers that is a lot of fun and young people reallly love it. We play it using dollar bills, but you could use fat quarters or something fabric related. You need a set of big fuzzy dice that you will change as follows: You will need to take all the spots of one dice and mark one side with a C, another with an L and another side with an R. The other dice will have a single spot on one side, two spots on another and three spots on another side. Form a circle of your quest. At this point each person would need to have 3 dollar bills or fat quarters or whatever. Each person takes their turn rolling both dice together. The number of spots determines how many dollars or fat quarters they will have to give up and the letters on the other die tell them where to put it. L for person to their left, R for the person to their right and C for the center pot. One by one people will to knocked out of the game. Eventually only one person is left standing (or sitting) and is the winner of the Center Pot. Just remember that a person does not leave the game until it is their turn to roll the dice and they have no money or fabric.

Test the quilters knowledge by having them list the name of blocks that have been sewn by various people (Irish chain, log cabin, drunkard\'s path etc.) Throw in a couple of really odd balls to make it harder and then give the blocks to the winner. Perhaps she could put them together and give the quilt to charity or raffle it for something.

We have had the " cake walk" where you go around a circle and try to stay on the dots on the floor. Each time a dot is removed. It is like musical chairs with fabric prizes.

We have also had a do you have __?__ in your bag. The items can be far fetched like orange thread to things almost everyone would carry with them. Those that can produce the item wins a prize.

We have had an ugly fabric exchange. All the fabric is put in the middle and then the participants are given a number. When their number is called they get to pick a piece of fabric. Since one quilters ugly fabric may be just what someone else would love everyone goes home with something.

We have had square exchanges and strip exchanges. Someone would have to be in charge of it to trade the squares or strips so the person bringing the fabric doesn\'t go home with the fabric squares or strips they brought.

I hope this helps.

Charlotte

Archived