2nd prize at County fair

Hi Teresa,

The quilt is adorable! and I love the sashing pattern you used. Is is something you marked or is it freehand? I haven't seen it before. Very nice!

I have a lot of the same pink fabric to make quilts for 2 of my granddaughters that are taking ballet classes. Is this a current pattern? Do you know the designer name so I could track it down? This quilt would make 2 little girls VERY happy! :)

Darlene and Lynn,

I did order the pattern and the ballerina pattern from Keepsake Quilting. It was a very easy pattern to make, but order extra yardage to fussy cut the ballerina's. I almost didn't have enough fabric.

Darlene, the outer sashing quilting pattern was adapted from Keryn Emmerson's pattern packet #2. It is an interlocking double heart. The inner sashing quilting pattern was something I created based on a wave pattern. I just added a few extra lines to make it more interesting. The whole quilt is quilted with Superior Thread's King Tut in the pastel rainbow colors.

This quilt was first featured in Quiltmaker Magazine last year; if you need the specific issue I can dig it up.

Add me to the list of folks with the cute ballerina fabric; DDs ballet instructor just had a baby girl and its on my list of quilts to make (with some modifications, of course!).

Archived