Looking for input on IRONS

I spend 2-4 hours in the studio every day making quilts...patchwork, applique, fused too. I\'ve tried two dozen regular irons and I\'ve burned through three Rowenta steam generator irons...it is time for a major upgrade.

Does anyone have a recommendation? I am contemplating the Reliable i300 steam boiler - a stainless steel professional model that looks sturdy and, well, RELIABLE. Does anyone have experience with a steam boiler or a gravity feed ironing system? Would love to hear your comments - good and bad. Thanks, Nancy A.

I have three regular home style Sunbeam "Steam Master" irons. Two of them I have had for about 14 years. The other one I bought last year. We are using all of them. My wife, Bev, has one next to her sewing machine, I have one next to my Embroidery machines and the third I keep next to my Millie for ironing yardage when I first get it and run it through the wash, And I use it for steaming quilt tops on the machine when I need to press a wrinkle out or take up bagginess.

Hello, I recently purchased a steam generation iron (I think it\'s the same as the broiler type that you talk about) from Costco.ca. It\'s a DeLongi. I\'d never heard of it before, but it works great. Best of all, it comes with a 3 yr warrantee and if you need to rtn it, you can take it back to the nearest Costco. I\'m a heavy quilter and I use the iron every day. It won\'t get out every wrinkle, but it\'s heavy-duty and does a number on the very wrinkled yards of fabric that come out of my front-loader washer & dryer. I\'m very pleased with my purchase (it was $250) and I\'ve had my new iron for about 3 months. I will never be able to go back to a "normal" iron again. If you google the iron (it\'s the 300 pro model or something like that) you\'ll find a site that reviewed it. It had really good reviews. Good Luck with your search.

I just got this in the mail yesterday, (my Mother\'s day gift to myself)

http://www.reliablecorporation.com/Products/IRONS-BOILERS/Digital-Velocity-v95_2

My friend has one & I just loved the powerful blast of steam

it puts out. The thing that is really nice, is that you can regulate the amount of steam along with the temperature & amount of steam it puts off. Made by the Reliable company, digital display model #V95 Velocity (compact vapor generator)

EuroSteam! Awesome, life-time iron. Just got it and can\'t say enough about it. It was my Mother\'s Day gift to myself. I bought it at a quilt/craft festival. $200 but worth every penny. Anything on the iron can be replaced if you ever have a problem. It has it\'s own generator. The steam is not a "wet" steam and is pressurized like a steamer at the dry-cleaners. It\'s adjustable too! I got it to use when I have a wonky quilt on the longarm to steam it back into shape to work in the fullness of the not so well made tops. I used to just use cheap irons because they lasted as long as the good, more expensive ones. I\'m really sold on this new one. Sure never thought I would pay that much for an iron.

Archived