A LITTLE BEFORE/A LITTLE AFTER MQS

Include me in on the round robin visits...I love to fly up, up and away! :)

So, Mary Beth (or anyone) - what are the details about going to MQS? What city would I fly into; what hotel is the best to stay in (as far as location, not the most expensive), and how would I get from the airport to the hotel? Is there a shuttle service, or would I need a cab? Details please. I may try to reserve a room for next year and cancel my hotel room in Manchester.

You all had so much fun I am really wanting to hang out with you next year.

Sandra,

The airport is MCI - Kansas City International in Missouri. Lots of airlines fly in there, and it\'s a very friendly airport.

There are lots of hotels near the Convention Center - various kinds and prices - but it\'s a 40 minute drive from the airport. On my way home, my shuttle was $32 one way:(, although I\'m told that there\'s a break for a round-trip shuttle.

I\'m already planning on returning next year, although I\'m not sure where I\'ll stay. It was really convenient to stay at the Sheraton right there at the Convention Center, but the amenities weren\'t that great and it was pricey, even with sharing with Nancy Jo. I think my first choice might be the Chase Suites - it\'s less than a block from the Convention Center. I shared the airport shuttle with a woman who actually stayed there - two bedroom suite with a fold-out couch - that\'s where Jamie Wallen slept!:P The price seemed pretty reasonable too, when you share it four or five ways.

We should talk this subject up when it gets closer to booking time, so we all know the best places to go and how to get there.;)

Looking forward to meeting more new friends, and visiting more with those newly made this year!:P

Thanks Mary Beth and Chris. I think I will look into a room (one that I can cancel if things change) and book it for the entire show. Then perhaps I can make a decision about which show to attend. I really want to meet all of you, or at least many of you, so it seems that MQS is the show to attend. Of course, if I go to MQX, I will meet Bonnie who I would very much like to meet, too. Humm,...decisions!

Thanks so much for your input!

Sandy

Archived