Harley Fence & Circle Lord

Questions, Questions,

Do you have to choose between the Harley Fence and Circle Lord or can you use both on the same machine? I have noticed that you have to make some adjustments to the machine for the Circle Lord. Do these adjustments make it so that you can no longer use your Harley Fence?

Thanks,

Meg:cool:

Millie

Meg...I think the simply answer is No. Yes, you may have to make some adjustments to be able to use the CL, but that won\'t stop you from the ability to use the Hartley Fence. Some would rather use one or the other, as they both do alot of the same things, and each are pretty costly.....its what ever you feel most comfortable with. But I honestly don\'t think that if you have one that you can never use the other again.

Meg,

If there is any way to try them both out before you buy, that would be ideal. Are you going to any upcoming shows? I know that CL usually has a booth at most of the big shows. Not sure about HF. If you know anyone that has one or the other that would work too. Of course they each have thier own spot on this chat where you can go in and read what everyone thinks of the product they have.

Mary Beth,

I have tried the HF while taking some lessons getting ready for the delivery of my new Millie in the next 2 - 3 weeks (I hope it is on time). Did great circles, etc and the cookie cutters are ok but not exciting. The CL seems to have more to offer but no way to try one at this point. I will be attending Long Arm University in July and Innovations in October but really need to decide before October. Even though I am a newbie, I have 12 quilts to get done for Christmas gifts!!! I always jump right into things and this is no exception - can hardly wait. I have been lurking for a while and know that you have indicated that you love your CL.

Thanks for your response,

Meg

PS - love all the quilts you have shown on this site;) Hope that I get good enough to show off one of my quilts.

Meg,

I bought a used long arm about 2 months ago and my first purchase was the Circle Lord. I only got the CL attached on Memorial Day weekend (Sunday, to be exact) and I did one baby quilt so far. (I have a full time job.) I now have a twin bed quilt on the LA and am using the CL swirls, again. The CL is very easy to use, the Swirls design (the only one I have tried so far) is gorgeous! I am VERY pleased with my CL.

I never tried the HF, so I can\'t comment on it.

Sandy

Okay Meg....first things first...you are good enough to show off your quilts right now. We don\'t judge quilts here we admire!! We love quilts, and you are a professional!! So show off those quilts!!

Second, I purchased the HF when I purchased my machine. I didn\'t have any of the Cookie Cutters, and they look like they could be fun, although, from what I read most people don\'t use them with a stylus but rather to mark around and then stitch. Not sure why. I have seen some of the patterns you can create with the Cookie Cutters and they look like they could be handy.

I never used my HF. I tried to use it a few times, and just couldn\'t do it. I made a few circles but, for me, it was difficult. I need something that is going to work for me. That is not to say it doesn\'t work for others....it could have just been me.

After reading so many posts here of people who loved their CL I thought I would like to have one. After seeing the cost and knowing I already had the HF, I determined in my mind that I would learn to use and love my HF. I just couldn\'t.

Everyone is different, some people like certain tools when others don\'t. I just didn\'t like the HF. I decided to try to sell it and if I did I would buy the CL. For me that was the best decision. I can use the CL. I make perfect circles every time. I love the different patterns, and the options I have with the CL. And for me it is easy to use. That takes the stress factor out of quilting. I need tools that make the job fun, and CL does that for me. Now, I know some people on this chat that have the HF and they like it, so it is really just a matter of preference.

Since the CL people won\'t be at Innovations, you won\'t get to try it there, but maybe someone you who lives close to you has one you could try out.

I never tried the HF but I love my CL. It\'s user friendly and the service is beyond great. I also have a new product called "the topper" which is used from the front of the machine and you can buy other pattern boards to use with it. It\'s fairly inexpensive considering the cost of CL and HF. The system is well made and it also have great customer service. You can see more about the topper in this catagory.

Archived