Is anyone else......

having problems with uploading pictures to Webshots? I've gotten all of the pics off of my camera, and trying to put some of them on webshots and I keep getting error messages yet I'm not doing anything different from usual. Just wondering:o:(:o

thanks Rita - I've rebooted, retaken pics and established a new file to upload from, etc.... Still getting the error message. I think that I'll just wait until tomorrow and try again. Anyway, the 1930's quilt is done, and as soon as I can get webshots working again, I'll post some pic's.

PS. I think this computer of mine should recognize when I'm frustrated and just help me out!! :D:o:(:)

Linzi & Heidi, I've had an error message before, but then I would just go thru and try and upload again and all would go fine. I've tried on and off all day today, and no luck yet. Just telling me my pictures need to be in a jpg format - they are, so I'll just keep trying. I did re-boot my computer thinking that might help. Oh, well, gave me a chance to work on other things today.

Heidi, how do you reset the router? I'm no computer whiz, so I'm not sure what that even is????!!!!!

Patty Jo,

LOL your funny! The router is the box that connects you to the internet. I actually have a modem (that is the box from the cable company) and that plugs into the router and then the computer is plugged into the router. I have a router capable of wireless communication (we have way too many computers in this house), not sure if you are working wireless or connected. Either way it doesn't matter. On all routers there is a reset button that you push in using some small and pointy. I usually open up a paperclip and slip it in, hold down the little button for 30 seconds and it resets. The other way is to pull the plug and then plug back in. Also on the computer, did you do a cold boot...lol I'm sure your rolling your eyes if your not a computer person. If you simply hit restart that will not clear out everything. You should turn the computer off completely and then start back up (cold boot). This will most often clear up all problems that are caused my your RAM getting clogged. If you continue to have problems you should look into your RAM and see if you need to have some added. RAM is the most used resource and if it is low then you will always have problems.

Heidi

Archived