Single Irish Chain... ideas please

I made this King size Single Irish Chain this week, I haven't pu thte borders on yet as I am having trouble finding King size batting, I'll probably have to order some and have it shipped :(

The borders going on are small black border (cut 3 3/4") and then the red roses Maybe 10" depepnding on the batting I find Possibly only 6.5"

I had thought of doing a rose panto on it and turning for the borders but then I did a search here and saw a pic that Darlene posted a Chantilly lace on a triple IC looks Amazing... but it looks a bit different then the Chantilly Lace pattern that we have Ours seems more spaced out (???)

I'm still scared of feathers and my quilting is not nearly as amazing as all of yours...

IrishChainRose.jpg

Very beautiful quilt. I love red & black together. I would stay with a nice simple design in your pantograph as the red fabrics are very busy and the quilting will be lost if you do something intricate. What is the backing fabric? Is it a busy fabric, too, or more of a solid? If it's a solid or semi-solid you could see the quilting design on the back. That way you have two quilts in one (reversible) :)

Have fun quilting that pretty thing!

Guest Linda S

I love Irish Chains. Even though the fabric is really busy, it would look great with some feathered wreaths in the red spaces and some terry twist in the chains.

Linda

Archived