Central Oregon Shop Hop Challenge

Hi Patty Jo,

Sorry I didn't resond earlier.

The shops in Central Oregon include one in Madras, 3 in Bend, 1 in Sisters, 1 in Prineville, 1 in La Pine and 1 in Crescent.

I going to post some pictures of my entry into their challenge. Each shop gave us a pattern sheet for a block, 8 in all. Then the challenge was to create a quilt with them and compete for $400 in gift certificates. I just finished mine, wish me luck.

I will attempt to post pictures here, if all else fails they are on the last page of the 2008 Quilts album in my webshots below.

2950773480098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

2735012320098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

2968620190098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

2963560670098991033S425x425Q85.jpg

OHHHH Lynda - That quilt takes my breath away, I love it ! The Orange, Hot Pink on a black background WOWZA! And I love that border fabric. Where in the world did you find such a delicious fabric? It is perfect with those blocks. I'm sure that you are going to win something with that quilt. It needs to be entered into some shows! Innovations, OR State Fair, and more. If they don't give you something, I'll be very surprised. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Thank you so much Patty Jo,

Your work is always so gorgeous your opinion means a lot to me.

I found the border fabric at the Stitchin' Post during that shop hop. At the time I had NO idea what I would do with it, I just loved it. Then I found the large print to go with it here in Cannon Beach and then it just evolved from there.

Not too sure about Innovations though. All the stuff there is way beyond me I am afraid. The longarming part continues to be my weak point.

Thank you again.

Wow Lynda! That is a stunning top!

Don't be afraid to enter it in Innovations. The quilts are peer judged and there is a category for new longarmers. The teachers critiques are invaluable and then that first show will be under your belt and you can move on to the next! That is definitely a show-quality quilt!

Archived