Breaking Tread....

Barb: After you've threaded the needle, pull the thread (through the needle) from the back and see how much tension is on the thread. When I've had top thread breakage, it's almost always been that my top tension was too tight.

The Millennium is a fantastic machine, well worth every dime it costs. Don't lose faith in your machine . . things will be running smoothly soon I'm sure.

A tip that always works for me.. when my thread breaks twice, clean your bobbin case. I remove the spring and using my compressed air clean it out good, check to make sure that there is not a piece of lint under the lip. I use my compressed air to clean out the bobbin case housing. I find this solves my thread breaking problem almost all the time.

Thanks for all of the tips. I did clean out the bobbin case with compressed air. I emailed Connie and will hope to get some help by Monday.

However, I only have a couple of days to get some work done. I have two quilts I need to finish before Christmas.

I feel the heat. Also, I am busy with the Festival of Trees and Lights, in Des Moines. I decorate a Christmas Tree and they get auctioned off for the support of Blank Children Hospital. So I have been working on it every night and then back to sewing. I am trying to finish a baby quilt for a friend at United Way.

Thanks..Barb

Hi Barb

There are so many things that can cause thread breakage but this is the order I would check:

Put in a new needle and be sure the needle is in with the long groove straight and facing you - even try a needle from a different packet - you could have a dud

Is this the thread that you usuall use, is it good quality, does it have any knots in it

Loosen off the thread tension until you think it is too loose and then quilt a little, tighten a little

Haveyou threaded correctly - easy to do it wrong when you are in a hurry

Let us know if you are still ahving problems there is lots of help on this list for everyone with a problem/

Sue in Australia

Have you broken any needles lately - you might have a burr in the hook assembly area

Archived